|Privately held company|
|Products||books, music, magazines|
It sold a "unique selection,. of music and books — a mix of everything from classic literature to pulp",. The store was also described as "one of Topanga’s unfortunately best-kept secrets". The store was run by rock musician Justin Chancellor of the band Tool, and his wife Shelee Dykman, who coined the phrase "lobal orning" which meant "to decorate the mind". The word "lobal" is a reference to the lobes of the brain and ears. The word "orning" is a reference to the word "ornament", in its verb form. The store closed March 1, 2008.
- "From the Shelves of Lobal Orning…"Waiting for Stars or Voices: New and Selected Poems" by Carl Denni - Topanga Messenger". Topanga Messenger Newspaper. Retrieved 2016-11-24.
- ""Lobal Orning" Becomes Eclectic at Pine Tree Circle - Topanga Messenger". Topanga Messenger Newspaper. Retrieved 2016-11-24.
- Accardi, Millicent (October 2004). "From the Shelves of Lobal Orning". Topanga Messenger.
- Mazur, Dan (April 2006). "Changes Abound in Topanga Retail". Topanga Messenger.
- Le Tellier, Alexandra. "Orning becomes eclectic". LA.com.
|This article about a California building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|