Welcome sign to Loburn, looking east towards Loburn School (2013).
|Territorial authority||Waimakariri District|
Te Tai Tonga (Maori electorate)
|Elevation (Loburn Abbey Airfield)||116 m (380 ft)|
|Population (2013 Census)|
|Time zone||NZST (UTC+12)|
|• Summer (DST)||NZDT (UTC+13)|
Loburn is a small community, with no shops. Local industries include a cheese factory and orchards. Farms in the community include those raising sheep, cattle and emu.
Loburn is located close to the northern most extreme of the Canterbury Plains. It is bounded to the south and west by the Ashley and Okuku rivers, respectively. To the north it is bounded by the foothills, Mount Grey / Maukatere (933m) and Mt Karetu (972m) and bounded to the east by the Ashley forest.
The Loburn-Ashley fault zone is located from the northern banks of the Ashley River through to about Hodgsons road in the north, it runs parallel to the Ashley river. The Loburn fault, which runs along the south side of Hodgsons Road, is responsible for various terraced abandoned stream channels, wedge structures and scarps, notably Round Hill. The topography in Loburn is generally flat with gently rolling hills, altitude gradually decreases southwards from the foothills.
Loburn has two schools.
- "Find my Electorate | Electoral Commission". Elections.org.nz. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- Loburn Abbey Airfield Flyin (2013-02-16). "Loburn Abbey fly-in". Aircraft-r-us.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- Cross, Tracy-Anne et al. 2005 p.46 North Canterbury: An Analysis of the Current Economic Base of the Region
- "Mount Grey/Maukatere, Canterbury". topomap.co.nz.
- "Mount Karetu, Canterbury". topomap.co.nz.
- "Paleoseismicity of the Ashley and Loburn Faults, North Canterbury, New Zealand. (pages 42-54)" (PDF). Earthquake Commission Research Foundation. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "Loburn School Website". Loburn.ultranet.school.nz. 2013-12-17. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "Directory of Schools - as at 6 March 2017". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- "Loburn School 2012 ERO Report". Ero.govt.nz. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "North Loburn School Website". Northloburn.school.nz. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- Cyclopedia Company Limited. "Loburn | NZETC". Nzetc.victoria.ac.nz. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "Loburn Community Profile(published)". .stats.govt.nz. 2003-05-30. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "QuickStats About Loburn - Statistics New Zealand". Stats.govt.nz. Retrieved 2014-02-01.