Loews Coronado Bay Resort Surf Dog Competition
The Loews Coronado Bay Resort surf dog competition is an annual event held yearly since 2006 in Imperial Beach, California. In 2014, the name of the event was changed to Unleashed by Petco Surf Dog Competition.
Dogs compete in ten-minute heats, in which they attempt to catch several waves. There are categories for small, medium, and large dogs. Judging is based on confidence, ability, length of ride, and dog fashion, which can include dog wetsuits and sunglasses.
- "Dogs bone up on surfing skills in run-up to annual competition". The Times. May 22, 2010.
- Davis, Kristina (June 29, 2008). "Canine kahunas shred the surf to be top dog". San Diego Union Tribune.
- "Surfing season goes to the dogs". ABC News. Reuters. May 22, 2010.
- "Some old sea dogs show they're really cool canines by taking part in a surf competition for mutts". Daily Mail. July 2, 2008.
- "7th annual dog surfing competition held in California". The Telegraph. June 17, 2012.
- "Dogs take to the waves for Californian surfing competition". The Telegraph. June 5, 2011.
- "Dogs Hit the Waves in San Diego". The Mirror. June 5, 2011.
|This dog-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This surfing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|