This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Mayor||Erich Steigerwald|
|• Total||17.07 km2 (6.59 sq mi)|
|Elevation||319 m (1,047 ft)|
|• Density||150/km2 (390/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Loffenau is located within a tributary valley of the Murg River in the western slopes of the northern Black Forest.
Loffenau enjoys a rich history, spanning well over seven centuries.
One of the major points of interest in Loffenau is the Protestant Heilig Kreuz (Holy Cross) Church. The 550-year-old Medieval church contains both well-preserved original and restored 19th-century frescos. Among various images of saints and apostles, visitors can admire the well known image of the 'Host Mill.' An easily accessible viewing platform is located within the church. Another major local attraction is the Teufelsmühle (Devil's Mill) which overlooks the town from a lofty altitude of 2979 ft (908m.)
The town is member of the Association of Administrations of Cities. Gernsbach
The local government consists of twelve elected members and a mayor. (five CDU; four FWG; three SPD)
The town is twinned with:
- Caderousse, Département Vaucluse, Region Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France since 1985
- Kreischa district Weißeritzkreis, Sachsen, Germany since 1990
- Montefelcino, Region Marche, Province Pesaro and Urbino, Italy since 1999
- Haj u Duchcova, Teplice District, Czech Republic
- Steinbourg, Départment Bas-Rhin, Region Grand Est, France.
Guenter Seeger - Michelin starred chef, Mobil 5 star chef in the United States Harald Wohlfahrt - (Michelin-) starred chef david graßs
Meryl Streep's paternal ancestors lived in Loffenau, and one was elected mayor. Her great-great-grandfather Gottfried Streeb immigrated to the U.S. from Loffenau.
- "Bevölkerung nach Nationalität und Geschlecht am 31. Dezember 2017". Statistisches Landesamt Baden-Württemberg (in German). 2018.
|This Rastatt district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|