Lone Peak High School
|Lone Peak High School|
|10189 N. 4800 West
Highland, Utah 84003
|School district||Alpine School District|
|Principal||Rhonda C. Bromley|
Lone Peak High School (LPHS) is a public high school in Highland, Utah, United States, in northern Utah County. Part of the Alpine School District, it was built in 1997 to serve students in the cities of Alpine, Highland, and Cedar Hills. Lone Peak High School was given athletic 5A status beginning at the 2005-2006 school year. Its mascot is a knight.
Lone Peak sponsors several interscholastic teams for both boys and girls: basketball, cross country, soccer, swimming, tennis, golf, and track and field. For boys there are teams competing in baseball, football, and wrestling. Girls may also compete in cheerleading, drill team, softball, and volleyball.
- Basketball (boys'): 2013
Teams that have won state championships sponsored by the Utah High School Activities Association:
- Baseball (boys'): 2000, 2001, 2010
- Basketball (boys'): 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Soccer (boys'): 2005
- Swimming (girls'): 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2005
- Track & field (girls'): 1999, 2000
- Volleyball: 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010
- Volleyball (girls'): 2016
- Golf (boys'): 1999, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Golf (girls'): 2016 
- Debate: 2009
- Debate Interpretation: 2013, 2014
- Drill: 2005
- Marching band: 2012, 2015, 2016
- Ultimate Frisbee: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016
- Football: 2011
- Tennis (girls'): 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015
- Tennis (boys'): 2016
- Academic Decathlon: 2012
- Diving: 2014
- Swimming (boys'): 2017
The school sponsors clubs ranging from the arts and sciences to popular culture and athletics. Clubs change from year to year based on student interests.
The Productions class is a theatrical team that produces many shows. The Lone Peak Productions Company (King Arthur's Company) produces two musicals, several plays, a musical revue, and participates in regional and state competitions each year. Lone Peak's Shakespeare team competes at the Utah Shakespearean Festival competition each fall. Several times they ranked first place in Buckingham Sweepstakes, and in Ensemble Scenes.
The Drama Department has a separate council that plans activities, dances, and major events relevant to the department.
The Fine Arts Department has programs in dance, ballroom dance, speech, debate, and visual art and sculpture. The Performing Dance Company (PDC) is a class and team where students learn curriculum and creativity while learning to choreograph. PDC has won many choreography awards at the Shakespeare Festival and the State High School Dance Festival, and has been one of the few Utah schools to attend the National High School Dance Festival.
Lone Peak's choral program, The Chamber Singers, regularly tour to New York City, competing in the Festival of Gold, a national invitational choral festival. Each year they perform several concerts, benefit concerts, and local presentations.
- C.J. Ah You - NFL defensive end, defensive tackle
- Nikki Bohne - Broadway actress, singer, and dancer
- David Charles - indie recording artist and tour guitarist for the rock band Neon Trees
- Jackson Emery - Utah's Mr. Basketball 2005; former BYU basketball player and All-Time MWC steals leader
- Justin Hamilton - professional basketball center
- Jacob Hannemann - Professional baseball player
- Tyler Haws - Utah's Mr. Basketball 2008 and 2009; BYU basketball player
- Frank Jackson - basketball point guard at Duke University
- Eric Mika - Professional basketball player
- Shawn Murphy - NFL offensive guard
- Sae Tautu - NFL defensive end
- Kiersten White - author of young adult paranormal romance
- History of Lone Peak HS; accessed 6 April 2009
- 2013-14; accessed 7 August 2013
- Lone Park High School Athletic Department; accessed 4 April 2009
- State Champions in Boys Soccer; Utah High School Activities Association; accessed 4 April 2009
- State Champions in Girls Swimming; Utah High School Activities Association; accessed 4 April 2009
- State Champions in Girls Track and Field; Utah High School Activities Association; accessed 4 April 2009
- Prep girls’ golf: Lone Peak, Corner Canyon win state titles; accessed 7 December 2016
- "A Knights tale: Lone Peak wins state 5A tennis title : PrepRally". Daily Herald. Retrieved 2015-10-11.