Stanley Fink, Baron Fink
The Right Hon
The Lord Fink
|Born||15 September 1957 (age 61)|
|Education||Manchester Grammar School,|
Trinity Hall, Cambridge.
|Occupation||Hedge fund manager, philanthropist|
|Known for||Financial services|
|Net worth||< £180 million|
|Spouse(s)||Barbara née Paskin|
|Children||Jordan, Alexander, Gabriella|
- "Stan Fink" redirects here, for American lawyer see Stanley Fink.
He served as Chief Executive Officer of Man Group, a hedge fund, from 2000 to 2007. Described as the "godfather" of the UK hedge fund industry, he is credited with building the Man Group up to its current status as FTSE 100-listed company, the largest listed hedge fund company in the world.
In September 2008, he came out of retirement to act as the Chief Executive of International Standard Asset Management (ISAM) in partnership with Lord Levy. He became Chairman of ISAM in 2015 and retired from any formal role with the company in December 2018.
Lord Fink is a seed investor in Ecometrica, a leading environmental software business which is headquartered in Edinburgh and operates globally. He is an early investor in New Forests Company, one the largest sustainable forestry businesses in Africa with operations in Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda. The company is the market leader in the provision of sustainable wood and FSC-certified transmission poles in several East African countries.
In July 2018 Lord Fink was appointed as a special advisor to EToro. 
He was Chairman and largest shareholder of Zenith Hygiene Group, which was sold to Bain Capital in 2018. 
In 2018 Lord Fink started the Fink family office, which invests predominantly in PropTech, FinTech and EdTech ventures. These startup ventures include:
- British Pearl the property investment platform, where he is also Chairman.
- Farillio, speedy, easy law. 
- Bud - leaders in open banking. 
- Seneca Learning - a leading education platform. 
- PiTops – a leading STEM, creative learning company.
- Blackbullion - which helps teach students financial literary. 
- Project Etopia – A leading modular building company, where he is also Chairman
- Lord Stanley Fink also is part owner of hotel group, K2 with 2 leading luxury hotels in Courchevel. 
In 2013 Fink was featured on web reality TV show Hedge Fund Lions Den, in which Fink interviewed three Emerging Hedge Fund Managers, and allocated $25 million in investment between the three funds.
In 2019, Fink was appointed Chairman of offsite construction business Project Etopia.
In January 2009 Fink was appointed Co-Treasurer of the Conservative Party; on 18 January 2011, he was created a Life Peer, taking the title of Baron Fink, of Northwood in the County of Middlesex. Lord and Lady Fink were regular guests of David Cameron at Chequers, and, after the resignation of Peter Cruddas over a cash-for-access controversy, Lord Fink returned as Treasurer of the Conservative Party, to which he had previously donated £2.62m. He is one of the top 20 biggest donors to the Conservative Party.
In February 2015 Lord Fink was clumsily accused by Labour leader Ed Miliband as having undertaken "tax evasion activities". Fink responded by stating that he had indeed avoided tax, pointing out that "everyone does tax avoidance at some level".
- / UK - Preservation 'a cheap option'. Ft.com (2008-09-10). Retrieved on 2010-11-19.
- Finance and philanthropy: The acceptable face of Capitalism - Business Analysis & Features, Business. The Independent (2006-09-08). Retrieved on 2010-11-19.
- Candice Krieger, Interview: Stanley Fink, The Jewish Chronicle, September 18, 2009
- Stanley Fink: the new Tory Party treasurer, The Daily Telegraph, 16 January 2009
- London City based Financial, Business and Stock Market News. City A.M. Retrieved on 2010-11-19.
-  Archived September 18, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Global investment platform eToro has appointed Stanley Fink as Special Adviser to the business globally., Institutional Asset Manager, 16 July 2018
- Terms agreed for Bain Capital’s acquisition of Zenith Hygiene, The Caterer, 12 October 2017
- British Pearl team, British Pearl, 10 June 2019
- UK startup Bud raises $20 mn to advance its Open Banking capabilities, IBS International, 04 February 2017
- Legal tech startup Farillio nabs £650,000 in Angel funding, UK Tech News, 27 September 2019
- Tutor Trust and Seneca Learning - an exciting new partnership - 29th January 2019, Tutor Trust, 29 January 2019
- Lord Fink Parliment, UK Parliment, 29 January 2019
- Lord Fink: How the godfather of hedge fund made his fortune, The Independent, 25 February 2015
- Walsh, Dominic (2019-05-17). "Anyone else for a game of monopoly?". ISSN 0140-0460. Retrieved 2019-05-17.
- New Tory Treasurer Stanley Fink plans to blow Labour out of water, The Daily Telegraph, 16 January 2009
- "No. 59677". The London Gazette. 21 February 2011. p. 965.
- "List of Chequers guests" (PDF). Conservative Home.
- FT Research: From little acorns...
- Elizabeth Rigby, Gavin Jackson, George Parker, 'Tories double number of big City donors in five years: Miliband attacks 'party of Mayfair hedge funds and Monaco tax avoiders',' The Financial Times, 5 February 2015, pp. 1; 20
- Evening Standard article on Fink's response
- 'Educashun News', Private Eye, No. 1245 (18 Sep-1 Oct 2009), p. 15
- A large crowd raises £3.3m for Norwood's services, The Jewish Chronicle, 23 November 2010