23 June 1975|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|National team 1|
1 National team caps and goals correct |
as of 19 April 2012
Lotte Kiærskou (born 23 June 1975 in Frederikshavn, Nordjylland) is a Danish team handball player and two times Olympic champion. She won a gold medal with the Danish national team at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, and again four years later at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens.
Kiærskou is openly lesbian. She met fellow handballer Rikke Skov as teammates for Viborg HK, and "never had any thought to keep their relationship secret." They were in a registered partnership as allowed by Danish law. but split in 2011. Lotte, now retired, she works as a teacher in a school in Viborg gave birth to the ex-couple’s two daughters (Caroline in 2006, and Anna in 2008).
- "2000 Summer Olympics – Sydney, Australia – Handball" Archived 2008-04-07 at the Wayback Machine – databaseOlympics.com (Retrieved on February 25, 2008)
- "2004 Summer Olympics – Athens, Greece – Handball" Archived 2008-04-07 at the Wayback Machine – databaseOlympics.com (Retrieved on February 25, 2008)
- "2012 Olympics: Who Are The LGBT Athletes? Day Twenty — Rikke Skov". 7 August 2012. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "Kendt håndboldpar skilles". Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Lotte Kiærskou". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC.
- Lotte Kiærskou at Olympics at Sports-Reference.com
- Lotte Kiærskou profil at European Handball Federation
|This biographical article related to Danish team handball is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Danish Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|