Lou Reed Live
|Lou Reed Live|
|Live album by Lou Reed|
|Recorded||21 December 1973
Howard Stein's Academy of Music, NYC
|Producer||Steve Katz and Lou Reed|
|Lou Reed chronology|
|Robert Christgau||B− |
Lou Reed Live is a live album by Lou Reed, released in 1975. It was recorded at the same concert as Rock 'n' Roll Animal ; on December 21, 1973, at Howard Stein's Academy of Music in New York. It features three songs from Transformer, one song from The Velvet Underground & Nico (Reed's former band's debut album) and two songs from Berlin. Between this album and the remastered Rock 'n' Roll Animal the entire show has been released, albeit in a different order than the original concert setlist.
In 2003, BMG Special Music Products re-issued this album under their "Extended Versions" series. The title was changed to reflect this, but the contents remained unchanged.
This live album's stereo mix differs from its counterpart in that guitarist Dick Wagner is heard on the left channel, and Steve Hunter is on the right; this arrangement is reversed on Rock 'n' Roll Animal.
- "I'm Waiting for the Man" – 3:38
- "Oh, Jim" – 10:40
- "Sad Song" – 7:32
- Lou Reed – vocals
- Pentti "Whitey" Glan – drums, percussion
- Steve Hunter – guitars
- Prakash John – bass, vocals
- Dick Wagner – guitar, vocal
- Ray Colcord - keyboards
- Rob Hegel — background vocals ("Sad Song" only)
- Lou Reed Live at AllMusic
- Kot, Greg (January 12, 1992). "Lou Reed's Recordings: 25 Years Of Path-breaking Music". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved July 29, 2013.
- Robert Christgau review
- Nelson, Paul (1975-06-05). "Lou Reed: Lou Reed Live : Music Reviews : Rolling Stone". web.archive.org. Archived from the original on 2009-04-09. Retrieved 3 September 2011.