Louise de Mérode
|Louise de Merode|
|Princess della Cisterna|
|Spouse(s)||Carlo Emanuele dal Pozzo, 5th Prince della Cisterna|
Maria Vittoria, Queen of Spain
Beatrice Giuseppa dal Pozzo
Louise Caroline Ghislaine de Merode-Westerloo
|Father||Count Werner de Merode|
|Mother||Countess Victoire van Spangen van Uyternesse|
22 May 1819|
Brussels, Kingdom of Belgium
|Died||1 March 1868
Turin, Kingdom of Italy
|Buried||Chapel of Pietà, Reano|
Countess Louise de Merode (Louise Caroline Ghislaine de Merode-Westerloo; 22 May 1819 – 1 March 1868) was a member of the House of Merode by birth and Princess della Cisterna by marriage. She was the mother of Maria Vittoria dal Pozzo, Queen of Spain.
Born in Brussels, she was the eldest of seven children born to Count Werner de Merode and Countess Victoire van Spangen van Uyternesse. Her younger sister, Antoinette de Merode, was the future wife of Charles III, Prince of Monaco.
On 28 September 1846 at Brussels (Belgium), she married Carlo Emanuele dal Pozzo, 5th Prince della Cisterna, an Italian nobleman from one of the few aristocratic families in the Kingdom of Sardinia to bear the title of "prince" as a noble. It was a double wedding with her younger sister, Antoinette. Carlo Emanuele dal Pozzo had been exiled from Sardinia in 1821 after having conspired against Vittorio Emanuele I, but the couple returned to Turin in 1848.
Her daughter married Prince Amadeo of Savoy, Duke of Aosta, younger son of Victor Emmanuel II of Sardinia and Adelaide of Austria, and brother of the future Umberto I of Italy. At the death of her husband in 1864, her daughter inherited the Pozzo titles and properties, eventually passing them on to her son. Louise herself died at the Palazzo dal Pozzo della Cisterna in Turin.
- Maria Vittoria dal Pozzo (1846–1876) married Prince Amadeo of Savoy and had issue.
- Beatrice Giuseppa Antonia Luisa dal Pozzo (1851–1864) died in infancy.
Titles and styles
- 22 May 1819 – 28 September 1846 Countess Louise de Merode
- 28 September 1846 – 26 March 1864 Princess della Cisterna
- 26 March 1864 – 19 February 1867 Dowager Princess della Cisterna
- 19 February 1867 – 1 March 1868 Her Highness The Dowager Princess della Cisterna 
|Ancestors of Louise de Mérode|
- created Her Highness by decree in the same decree as her daughter, on the latter's wedding day, by King Vittorio Emanuele II