Maria Vittoria dal Pozzo
|Maria Vittoria dal Pozzo|
|Queen consort of Spain|
|Tenure||16 November 1870 – 11 February 1873|
9 August 1847|
|Died||8 November 1876
Sanremo, Kingdom of Italy
|Burial||Basilica of Superga|
|Issue||Prince Emanuele Filiberto, Duke of Aosta
Prince Vittorio Emanuele, Count of Turin
Prince Luigi Amedeo, Duke of the Abruzzi
|House||House of Savoy-Aosta (by marriage)|
|Father||Carlo Emanuele dal Pozzo, 5th Prince della Cisterna|
|Mother||Countess Louise de Merode|
Maria Vittoria dal Pozzo (Maria Vittoria Carlotta Enrichetta; 9 August 1847 – 8 November 1876) was an Italian noblewoman and was the Princess della Cisterna in her own right. Married to Amedeo of Savoy, Duke of Aosta, a son of Victor Emmanuel II of Italy, she was later the queen of Spain from 1870 until her husband's abdication in 1873. She is an ancestress of the present Duke of Apulia, a claimant to the throne of Italy.
She was the only surviving child of Carlo Emanuele dal Pozzo, Prince della Cisterna and his wife, Countess Louise de Merode. At the death of her father in 1864, she became the Princess della Cisterna, Princess of Belriguardo, Marchioness of Voghera and Countess of Ponderano in her own right. She died in Sanremo.
On 30 May 1867, in Turin, she married Prince Amadeo of Savoy, Duke of Aosta, a younger son of King Victor Emmanuel II of Italy. An urban legend circulates claiming that numerous tragedies befell Donna Vittoria and Prince Amedeo during their wedding. 
She became Queen Consort of Spain when her husband was elected king on 16 November 1870. She lived a discreet life as queen, only involving herself in charity. Amadeo abdicated from the Spanish throne on 11 February 1873, and Maria Vittoria then returned to Italy. Her health was damaged by the trip and childbirth, and she died later the same year of tuberculosis.
- Prince Emanuele Filiberto of Savoy, Duke of Aosta (13 January 1869 – 4 July 1931), Marshal of Italy, married to Princess Hélène of Orléans and had issue.
- Prince Vittorio Emanuele of Savoy, Count of Turin (24 November 1870 – 10 October 1946), died unmarried.
- Prince Luigi Amedeo of Savoy, Duke of the Abruzzi (29 January 1873 – 18 March 1933), Vice Admiral in the Italian Royal Navy, died unmarried.
- Kingdom of Italy : Dame Grand Cross of the Order of Saints Maurice and Lazarus.
- Austria-Hungary : Dame of the Order of the Starry Cross.
|Ancestors of Maria Vittoria dal Pozzo|
Title last held byFrancis of Spain
as King consort
|Queen consort of Spain
16 November 1870 – 11 February 1873
Title next held byMercedes of Orléans
Carlo Emanuele dal Pozzo
|Princess della Cisterna
26 March 1864 – 8 November 1876
Prince Emanuele Filiberto of Savoy