|Full name||Lourence Gregorio Ilagan|
February 11, 1978 |
|Playing darts since||2000|
|Darts||Monster Gunner (18g Soft / 20g Steel)|
|Walk-on music||Gangnam Style by Psy|
|Organisation (see split in darts)|
|BDO majors - best performances|
|World Masters||Semi-finals: 2009|
|PDC premier events - best performances|
|World Ch'ship||Last 64: 2013|
|Other tournament wins|
Ilagan is a two-time quarter-finalist (2000 and 2006) in the WDF Asia-Pacific Cup. He has also reached the final of the Philippines Open in 2006 and 2007 along with the final of the 2008 Malaysian Open. Ilagan won the National Darts Federation of the Philippines qualifier to earn a place in the 2009 PDC World Darts Championship but was beaten by Finland's Marko Kantele 5–2 in the Preliminary Round.
Ilagan reached the semi-finals of the 2009 Winmau World Masters after qualifying from the earlier rounds into the last 16, where he defeated number two seed Scott Waites and then beat Steve West in the quarter-finals. He lost to Robbie Green in the semi-final.
Ilagan won the Philippines Qualifying Event for the 2013 World Championship and once there came back from three to one down in legs to Jamie Lewis in the preliminary round to win 4–3. He faced Colin Osborne in the first round and despite impressing with some clinical finishes, he lost 3–0. He was due to play with Perez once more in the 2013 World Cup of Darts but they were forced to withdraw due to travel problems. Later in the year he won the Hong Kong Open by beating Edward Santos in the final.
He defeated Perez 4–1 to win the 2013 World Soft Darts Championship having eliminated Stephen Bunting in the quarter-finals and Randy Van Deursen in the semis. Ilagan credited his eight hours a day practice routine in being key to his success and he earned $1,000,000 HK in the process. In 2014, Ilagan was beaten in the semi-finals of the Chinese Dartslive event.
Ilagan won the 2015 Soft Tip Dartslive Asia Open by beating Hyun Chul Park in the final. He partnered Gilbert Ulang at the World Cup of Darts and they lost 5–1 to Belgium in the opening round. A victory over Daisuke Akamatsu saw Ilagan claim the Malaysian Open. He came within a match of playing in the 2016 World Championship, but lost 3–2 to Alex Tagarao in the final of the Philippines Qualifier.
World Championship results
- 2009: Preliminary round: (lost to Marko Kantele 2–5) (legs)
- 2013: First round: (lost to Colin Osborne 0–3)
- "Cash Converters World Cup RD1". PDC. 3 February 2012. Archived from the original on 6 February 2012. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- "2013 PDC World Philippines Qualifying Event Player Prize Money". Darts Database. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "Ladbrokes WDC Day Five". PDC. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- "Italy To Replace Philippines". PDC. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- "2013 Hong Kong Open Player Prize Money". Darts Database. Retrieved 17 December 2013.
- "Ilagan Claims DARTSLIVE Title". PDC. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
- "2014 Soft Tip Dartslive China Player Prize Money". Darts Database. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "2015 Soft Tip Dartslive Asia Open Player Prize Money". Darts Database. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "bwin World Cup of Darts Day One". PDC. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "2015 Malaysian Open Player Prize Money". Darts Database. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- "Trio Secure World Championship Places". PDC. Retrieved 8 January 2016.