Love Is Not Blind
|Love Is Not Blind|
|Directed by||Teng Huatao|
|Budget||RMB 9 million (US$1.4 million)|
|Box office||RMB 350 million (US$56 million)|
Love Is Not Blind (Chinese: 失恋33天) is a 2011 Chinese romantic comedy film directed by Teng Huatao. The film was adapted from an online novel written by Bao Jingjing which has been popular among cyber users since its appearance. Due to the popularity of the source, Teng adapted the novel into a movie, which was said to be prepared specially for Nov.11—the Singles' Day in China. The film became a major commercial success in China, considering its low budget. Now Teng is considering adapting the novel into a TV play.
Huang Xiaoxian, a 27-year-old woman who lives in Beijing, breaks up with her boyfriend of 7 years after witnessing him on a date with her best friend in a shopping mall. Heart-broken and depressed, XiaoXian mopes around at work and nearly gets fired for screwing up a big assignment. With the surprising help from a colleague she usually loathes, Xiaoxian gradually heals, starts to see more truly of herself, and finds love from someone who has always been there for her.
- Bai Baihe as Huang Xiaoxian
- Wen Zhang as Wang Xiaojian (Wang Yiyang)
- Zhang Jiayi as Da Laowang
- Guo Jingfei as Lu Ran
- Wang Yaoqing as Wei Yiran
- Zhang Zixuan as Li Ke
- Cao Cuifen as Aunt Zhang
- Wei Zongwan as Uncle Chen
- Hai Qing as Aunt Zhang (youth)
- Liao Fan as Uncle Chen (youth)
- Li Nian as Cello teacher
- Jiao Junyan as Feng Jiaqi
Love Song, sung by Chen Shanni, with lyrics and music by her as well, was first included in Chen's album Later, we all cried in 2004.
- Love Is Not Blind is a box office hit in China
- New Film Offers Romance-starved Respite for Single’s Day
- Smith, Ian Hayden (2012). International Film Guide 2012. p. 89. ISBN 978-1908215017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-06-15. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-04-25. Retrieved 2011-11-18.
|This article about a 2010s romantic comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|