Loveland Bike Trail
The Loveland Bike Trail is a rail trail in Ohio. It is a section of the Little Miami Scenic Trail within the Loveland, Ohio city limits in Clermont County. Like most of the longer trail, it was built along the right-of-way of the abandoned Little Miami Railroad, on the Little Miami River. Along with 15 other city parks, the trail corridor is maintained by City of Loveland Recreation Commission. The trail was opened in the 1980s and became part of the Little Miami Scenic Trail in 1984. More than 100,000 people accessed the Little Miami Scenic Trail via the Loveland trailhead in 2014.
Each summer from 1997 to 2000 and from 2002 to 2004, the city held a cycling race, Tour de Loveland, named after the Tour de France, that promoted the Loveland Bike Trail as the centerpiece of Historic Downtown Loveland. It featured a route for professional cyclists that included many Downtown streets, as well as separate races for younger cyclists. In June 1998, the USA Cycling Elite National Championship time trials and criterium were held in conjunction with the Tour de Loveland. On January 24, 2005, Loveland City Council voted to cancel the Tour, due to declining attendance and a lack of sponsors.
- McNutt, Randy (2003-08-19). "Loveland, Symmes still recall Civil War, rail era". The Cincinnati Enquirer. Gannett. Archived from the original on January 6, 2005. Retrieved 2006-08-01.
- City of Loveland (2004-09-28). "Amendment and Addition to the City of Loveland Downtown Historic Redevelopment Plan". Historic Downtown Loveland Request For Proposals. Archived from the original (Word) on 2007-07-04. Retrieved 2007-05-28.
- Lee, Marika (May 13, 2015). "Improvements coming for the Little Miami State Park". The Loveland Herald. Gannett Company. The Community Press. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- Vela, Susan (August 10, 2002). "Loveland gears up for race". The Cincinnati Enquirer. Gannett. Retrieved October 9, 2014.
- O'Neill, Tom (December 17, 1997). "Loveland calls race 'investment'". The Cincinnati Enquirer. Gannett. Retrieved October 9, 2014.
- Queenan, Bob (April 21, 1998). "Area becoming cycling mecca". The Cincinnati Post. E. W. Scripps Company. Archived from the original on November 8, 2004. Retrieved November 30, 2006.
- Keeler, Sean (June 24, 1998). "Loveland hosts cycling nationals". The Cincinnati Post. E. W. Scripps Company. Archived from the original on November 8, 2004. Retrieved November 30, 2006.
- de la Fuente, Edward (June 24, 1998). "Loveland mayor has big vision for cycling". The Cincinnati Enquirer. Gannett. Retrieved October 9, 2014.
- Staff writer (2006-01-25). "Loveland cancels bike race". The Cincinnati Enquirer. Gannett.
- Loveland Bike Trail – the Loveland Bike and Skate Rental's website with information on the trail
|This cycling-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|