Lowry in a recent photo shoot in New York City
|Genres||Rock, folk, anti-folk, psychedelic folk|
|Labels||Engine Room Recordings|
Lowry is a Brooklyn-based indie rock band with members originally hailing from Kansas, New Zealand, Australia, North Carolina and Canada. Originally emerging from New York City's "anti-folk" scene, the band has gone through several incarnations before settling into its current line-up in early 2008. Their debut studio album 'Awful Joy', which blended alternative country, psychedelia and rock was released in 2005. Signed to Engine Room Recordings in 2008, they released their sophomore studio album 'Love Is Dead' October 26, 2008.
- Alex Lowry · Singer/Writer/Guitar/Keyboards
- Crash · Drums/Vocals
- Heidi Sidelinker · Vocals/Banjo/Guitar/Percussion
- Greg Tuohey · Guitar
- Jasper Leak · Bass
- Spent Movement (Brita Records, 1999)
- Left My Car on the Paseo (Brita Records, 2002)
- Awful Joy (OddMob music NYC, 2005)
- Live in Atlanta Unplugged (Independent Release, 2006)
- The Magazine EPs V.1 & 2 (ThunderBitch, 2007)
- Love Is Dead (Engine Room Recordings, 2008)
- "Stories (the long entry)". Retrieved 2009-06-11.
- Jen Carlson (7 August 2008). "Lowry, Band". Gothamist. Retrieved 2009-06-11.
- Matthew Solarski (19 November 2008). "My Brightest Diamond, Frightened Rabbit Do Covers". Pitchfork. Retrieved 2009-06-11.
- Engine Room Recordings label website
- Official website
- Lowry on Myspace
- "The Awful Joy of Alex Lowry"
- "Getting ‘Lowd’: Lowry puts soul into music, brings heart to the stage"
|This article on a rock band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|