Luis Caballero (footballer)
|Full name||Luis Neri Caballero Núñez|
|Date of birth||17 September 1962|
|Place of birth||Asunción, Paraguay|
|Date of death||6 May 2005(aged 42)|
|Place of death||Asunción, Paraguay|
|Playing position||Central defender|
|Sol de América|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.|
Luis Neri Caballero Núñez (17 September 1962 – 6 May 2005) was a football defender from Paraguay. He played professional football in Paraguay, and had short spells in Argentina, in Deportivo Mandiyú. His son, named Luis Caballero (born 1990) as well, also played professional football in Paraguay.
Caballero made his international debut for the Paraguay national football team on 7 September 1988 in a friendly match against Ecuador (1-5 win) in Guayaquil. A participant at the 1986 FIFA World Cup in Mexico, he obtained a total number of 27 international caps from 1983 to 1989.
Caballero was killed during a robbery at his office in Villa Morra on 6 May 2005.
- "Luis Caballero arranca de titular" [Luis Caballero arrives in the starting squad] (in Spanish). Ultima Hora. 13 August 2009.
- "Muere en asalto ex defensa internacional paraguayo Caballero" [Former Paraguayan international defender Caballero died in an assault] (in Spanish). El Mercurio. 6 May 2005.
- Hernández, Sergio & Storni, Luis Carlos (9 June 2008). "Paraguayan players in Argentina 1st level". RSSSF.
- Mamrud, Roberto (29 February 2012). "Paraguay - Record International Players". RSSSF.
- "Caen otros dos sospechosos de estar vinculados con crimen de ex futbolista" [Two others suspected of being associated with crime against former footballer] (in Spanish). ABC Digital. 8 May 2005.
|This biographical article related to Paraguayan football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|