Lviv State University of Physical Culture
|Львівський державний університет фізичної культури|
Lviv State University of Physical Culture - higher educational institution, which appeared on the centuries-old traditions of national physical culture, which is a significant part of Ukrainian culture in general.
The traditions of the national physical culture, despite the foreign oppression, never interrupted, and they develop the next generation. Fixing these traditions and active education, initiated "Rus Trinity", the late XIX - first half of the twentieth century signaled a particularly active sports movement.
It was theoretically grounded in the writings of Vasyl' Nahirny, John Bobers'ky, Kyrylo Tryliovs'ky, Taras and Peter Franks, Stephen Hayduchka, Edward Zharskyj, Roman Dashkevych and other.
It stimulated the creation of numerous sports associations ("Sokil", "Sich" "Plast", "Lyg"), sports clubs ("Ukraine" Lviv, "Syanova Seagull" in Przemysl, "Dovbush" in Chernivtsi, "Rus" in Uzhhorod, etc.), construction of sports facilities (stadium "Sokol- Father" in Lviv), establishment of Ukrainian sports periodicals (magazines "Proceedings of Zaporozha", "Sokilske Vesti", "Sports", "Sports Vesti", "Ready," and some other). So in the first half of the twentieth century at Western was a well developed national system of physical education, which were based on domestic theoretical developments, a number of organizational forms and sport specific infrastructure.
For the first time in Ukraine, in Lviv, a hundred years ago was originated the following kinds of sport: football, basketball, hockey, water polo, archery, cycling. Already in 1912 at the Olympic Games in Stockholm Galicia had a representative - sprinter Vladislav Ponurskoho. In general, long before the establishment of the National Olympic Committee of Ukraine, Lviv 96 athletes, speaking at the Olympics under the flags of Austria-Hungary, Poland and the USSR, participated in the competitions of 19 kinds of sports, from where they brought 46 medals: 15 gold, 16 silver and 15 bronze. So creation in Lviv in 1946 Lviv State Institute of Physical Culture had presupposition.
In May 7, 1946 by order of the USSR Council of Ministers on basis of the College of Physical Culture was established Lviv State Institute of Physical Culture. His task - to prepare highly qualified personnel especially for the western regions of the USSR and scientific development of physical education and sports, scientific and methodological assistance to various sports organizations. Initially in the institute was a teaching faculty, 15 departments, 150 students enrolled.
In May 1958 institute was given consultative point of correspondence of the Kiev Institute of Physical Culture. Actually, it started in LDIFK distance learning, and in 1964 formed a separate department.
It should be noted that in 1959 the Institute opened a school coaches with two years of training, which lasted until 1964. In addition, in 1960 began working evening division.
In 1969/1970 was opened in LDIFK sports department. At that time specialists were trained at three faculties: teaching, sports and correspondence. If the 1956 school was 542 students, then in 1974 trained 1,245 people in stationary and 434 extramural students.
In the 70s years in the institute taught: Victor Chukarin - absolute world champion in 1964, USSR - 1949, 1951, 1955; XV-XVI Olympic Games; Andrievsky Vadim - USSR Champion in Fencing (1946), honored coach of the USSR, Vladimir Safronov - champion of the USSR (1975), silver medalist in gymnastics world Cup (1975) and many other celebrities.
In 1981 Lviv State Institute of Physical Education, one of the leading sports educational institutions of the country, celebrated its 35th anniversary. Then he had a structural reorganization. New perspectives for the development of the institute came after proclamation of independence of Ukraine in 1991.
Given the centuries-old traditions of the Ukrainian Physical Culture, it was necessary to create a national system of physical education and sports, from the introduction of the Ukrainian language in spravoznavstvo and teaching, curriculum development and programs, publication of educational literature, the introduction of new disciplines, including history of Ukraine, history of Ukrainian culture, history of Ukrainian sports movement, processing and finishing and developing Ukrainian sports terminology and education specialists sports profile, including athletes who have felt the connection with the state in which they were born, live, study, for which they compete in different sports forums.
To address these challenging tasks it needed not only proper material resources, financing, but also nationally conscious professionals. This was possible under favorable political, economic and spiritual situation in the country. Certainly, the leadership of the Lviv State Institute of Physical Culture had to overcome the difficulties which experienced the young state.
With appointment to the post of rector, the famous sports specialist, master of sports, champion of Ukraine and the USSR Honored Coach of Ukraine Miroslav S. Hertsyka, in the development of the institute entered a new period.
To expand the areas and improve the quality of training in the sports department in 1996 was established the department of rehabilitation and recreation, and the Department of Economics of Sports, Recreation and Physical culture theory and methodology of Olympic and professional sports. With Ukraine's accession to the Bologna Convention LDIFK purposefully moves to credit modular system, are introduced new forms and methods of training. Institute, according to the list of specialties within their field of physical culture and sports, trains specialists of different levels - bachelors, and masters.
At the meeting on the occasion of Institute 60 years the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine declared an order of August 3, 2006
The Administrators of the university are as following:
|Rector of Lviv State University of Physical Culture, professor, Doctor of Pedagogics, Honoured Scientist and Engineering’s Worker of Ukraine, Member of Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Honoured Worker of Physical Culture and Sport.||Yevhen Prystupa|
|Vice-rector at Educational Work, PhD of Biological Sciences, Docent, Excellent Worker of Ukrainian Education, Honoured Worker of Physical Culture and Sport||Fedir Muzyka|
|Vice-rector at Science and External Relations, PhD of Pedagogical Sciences, Professor||Mykhaylo Lynets|
|Vice-rector at Administrative and Supply Work.||Roman Lobay|
The following Faculties exist at the university:
- Faculty of Human health and tourism
- Faculty of Physical Training
- Faculty of Sport
- Faculty for heightening qualification, retraining, postgraduate and distance education
IN 1996 Alina and Michael Senytsi created Theatre of Sport Living Silver.
Theatre of Sport is laureate of international festivals, competitions and presentations in Ukraine, Slovakia and Poland.
It includes leading sportsmen - masters of sports of Ukraine: male group - members of the national team of Ukraine, absolute winners of the championship of Ukraine, winners of European championship, European Championships and World Cup on sports acrobatics (Rostislav Romanyak, Konstantin Hnatiuk, Andrey Moskwa, Roman Petsukh); female couple - finalists UEFA European Under (Catherine Kotsur, Elena Moskwa), Master of Sports of Ukraine, winners of national and international competitions in acrobatics, gymnastics, aerobics and fitness, sports dance, hopak.
The University maintains creative relationships with organizations and universities of Australia, Belarus, Georgia, Estonia, Canada, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, Slovenia, USA, Hungary, Russia, Czech Republic.
LDUFK is a member of:
- since 1998, the European Network of Sport Science, Education and Employment (ENSSEE);
- since 2001 - the member of the International Council of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, Sport and Dance (ICHPER-SD);
- since 2002 - member of the Association university athletic profile in Eastern Europe and Central Asia
- since 2008 - member of the network "European Athlete as Student" (Sweden).
- since 2007 scientific publications Lviv State University of Physical Culture registered in East European Bibliographical Society «Index Copernicus», where they are given the rating.
The international activity of the university directed to further integration into European and world sports structures.
University of Physical Education does not stop there, and wants establish partner relations with other countries.
The faculties of the university are:
- Department of theory and methodology of physical education
- Department of theoretical and methodological foundations of sport
- Department of Recreation and Physical Culture of Recuperation
- Department of Physical Rehabilitation
- Department of Anatomy and Physiology
- Department of Biochemistry and Hygiene
- Department Valeology and Sports Medicine
- Department of Sport Games
- Football Department
- Department of Athletics
- Department of athletic sports
- Department of winter sports
- Department of Water Sports
- Department of fencing, boxing and national odnoborstv
- Department of gymnastics and choreography
- Department of Technical and shooting sports
- Department of Tourism
- Department of Economics, Informatics and kineziolohiyi
- Department of Education and Psychology
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Foreign Languages
- Viktor Chukarin, gymnasts
- Andriy Husin, footballer
- Vassily Ivanchuk, chess grandmaster
- Anfisa Pochkalova, Épée Fencer
- Yana Shemyakina, Épée Fencer
- "About the University:History". ldufk.edu.ua. Retrieved June 28, 2014.
- "Administration of Lviv State University of Physical Culture". ldufk.edu.ua. Retrieved June 28, 2014.
- "Faculties". ldufk.edu.ua. Retrieved June 28, 2014.
- "Theatre of Sport". ldufk.edu.ua. Retrieved June 28, 2014.
- "The international activity of the university". ldufk.edu.ua. Retrieved June 28, 2014.
- (in Ukrainian) Анфіса ПОЧКАЛОВА: «Росіянок у фіналі ми просто «винесли» по повній програмі», Lviv State University of Physical Culture
- Fencing : Yana Shemyakina - Bronze medalist of European Championship 2009, Lviv State University of Physical Culture