In 1972 she joined the Manhattan Theatre Club as Artistic Director, and in that position she has directed and produced more than 450 New York City and world premieres of plays by American and international playwrights, including Terrence McNally, Beth Henley, John Guare, Athol Fugard, Brian Friel, Harold Pinter, Alan Ayckbourn, and John Patrick Shanley.
Under Meadow's leadership, MTC has been honored with every prestigious theatre award, including nineteen Tony Awards, six Pulitzer Prizes for Drama, forty-eight Obie Awards, thirty-two Drama Desk Awards, as well as New York Drama Critics' Circle Awards, Outer Critics Circle Awards, and Theatre World Awards. In 2013, she was inducted into the American Theater Hall of Fame.
- Lucille Lortel Award for Lifetime Achievement
- Lilly Award for Lifetime Achievement
- Museum of the City of New York’s Auchincloss Prize
- Lee Reynolds Award from the League of Professional Theatre Women
- Manhattan Award from Manhattan magazine
- Person of the Year from the National Theatre Conference
- Margo Jones Award
- Mr. Abbot award for Lifetime Achievement from the Stage Directors Foundation
- She has twice been nominated for Best Director at the Drama Desk Awards: in 1996 for Leslie Ayvazian’s Nine Armenians and in 1988 for Alan Ayckbourn’s Woman in Mind with Stockard Channing.
- 1974: Mark Medoff’s The Wager
- 1974: Corinne Jacker’s Bits and Pieces*2013: Richard Greenberg’s The Assembled Parties
- 1975: Clifford Odets’ Golden Boy
- 1976: The Pokey
- 1977: David Rudkin’s Ashes (Obie Award)
- 1978: Istvan Orkeny’s Catsplay
- 1979: Joanna M. Glass’ Artichoke
- 1979: David Edgar’s The Jail Diary of Albie Sachs
- 1980: S.N. Behrman’s Biography
- 1980: Steve Metcalf’s Vikings
- 1982: Anton Chekhov’s Three Sisters
- 1984: Israel Horovitz’s Park Your Car in Harvard Yard
- 1986: Richard Nelson’s Principia Scriptoriae
- 1988: Alan Ayckbourn’s Woman in Mind (Drama Desk nomination, Best Director)
- 1989: Lee Blessing’s Eleemosynar
- 1992: Alan Ayckbourn’s A Small Family Business
- 1996: Leslie Ayvazian’s Nine Armenians (Drama Desk nomination)
- 1999: Patrick Cook’s Captain Courageous
- 2001: Melanie Marnich’s Blur
- 2003: Neil Simon’s Rose's Dilemma
- 2003: Marsha Norman’s Last Dance
- 2005: Ron Hutchinson’s Moonlight and Magnolias
- 2006: David Greig’s The American Pilot
- 2007: Charles Busch’s Our Leading Lady
- 2010: Donald Margulies’ Collected Stories
- 2011: Margaret Edson’s Wit
Selected World/NY Premieres Produced Under Meadows' Artistic Direction
- 1988: Richard Greenberg’s Eastern Standard
- 1993: Charlayne Woodard’s Pretty Fire
- 1993: Athol Fugard’s Playland
- 1995: A.R. Gurney’s Sylvia
- 2004: Donald Margulies’ Sight Unseen (Pulitzer Prize finalist)
- 2006: Conor McPherson’s Shining City
- 2007: Alfred Uhry’s LoveMusik suggested by the letters of Kurt Weill and Lotte Lenya
- 2007: David Harrower’s Blackbird
- 2009: George S. Kaufman’s and Edna Ferber’s The Royal Family
- 2009: Lynn Nottage’s Ruined (Pulitzer Prize)
- 2009: Donald Margulies’ Time Stands Still (play)
- 2010: Lee Hall’s The Pitmen Painters
- 2011: David Lindsay-Abaire’s Good People
- 2012: David Auburn’s The Columnist
- "Lynne Meadow Plans Wedding" The New York Times, September 4, 1983
- "Legendary Director Lynne Meadow". learni.st.
- "Expert Interview: Lynne Meadow, Artistic Director, Manhattan Theatre NYC - director or producer of over 450 theatre premieres". www.rubbingelbowswithexperts.org.
- "The 2nd Annual Lilly Awards to Be Handed Out On June 6 in NYC". blogs.indiewire.com.
- "Awards" manhattantheatreclub.com, accessed March 29, 2015
- "Cherry Jones, Ellen Burstyn, Cameron Mackintosh, and More Inducted Into Broadway's Theater Hall of Fame". www.theatermania.com.
- Simon, John. "Theater. John Simon" New York Magazine, p.82
- "Review. Ben Brantley. New York Times" charlesbusch.com, (date not shown), accessed March 28, 2015
- Simon, JOhn. Review" New York Magazine, February 25, 1991, ISSN 0028-7369, p. 120
- Purcell, Carey. " 'The Commons of Pensacola', Starring Sarah Jessica Parker and Blythe Danner, Extends Prior to Opening" playbill.com, October 3, 2013
- "MTC's Lynne Meadow to Direct New York Debut of Melissa Ross's 'OF GOOD STOCK' This Summer" broadwayworld.com, January 22, 2015
- "Managing Partner Ronald Shechtman Profiled by BizNow" pryorcashman.com, November 16, 2010
- "Annual Magazine of Yale School of Drama 2011–2012" (PDF). www.yale.edu.
- "26th Annual Lucille Lortel Awards Nominations & Co-Hosts Announced" (PDF). www.lortelaward.com.
- "2011 Lucille Lortel Awards Nominations & Recipients". www.lortelaward.com.
- "MTC's Lynne Meadow Honored With Lilly Award for Lifetime Achievement". www.playbill.com.
- "MTC Artistic Director Lynne Meadow Receives 2012 Louis Auchincloss Prize Oct. 22". www.playbill.com.
- "Marlo Thomas Receives Lee Reynolds Award Dec. 8". www.playbill.com.
- "Lynne Meadow on CUNY TV". www.cuny.tv.
- "Manhattan Theatre Club's Lynne Meadow to Receive Lilly Award for Lifetime Achievement". theandygram.com.
- "Drama Desk Awards". awards.dramadesk.org.
- "Meadow Listing" lortel.org
- "Meadow Listing" ibdb.com