MSG: The Warrior Lion Heart
|MSG the Warrior: Lion Heart|
Theatrical release poster
|Written by||Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh|
Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
Hakikat Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
|Distributed by||Hakikat Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.|
MSG The Warrior Lion Heart is a film directed by Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh and his daughter Honeypreet Insan. The film starring Singh, one of the directors himself, is a story of a medieval warrior fighting against aliens for the honour of his land. The movie premiered on 6 October 2016 in Delhi and was released on 7 October 2016 in Hindi, with dubs in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and English. Singh is credited with work in thirty film departments, including choreography, editing, make-up and hair design, background scoring, and prop design. The film has been criticised as a propaganda film by several critics.
The story is about a medieval warrior who fights for the honor of his land and the dignity of the womenfolk. The story travels centuries apart as he emerges in another role as a modern Indian equivalent of James Bond, a stylish top secret agent. The marauding aliens run amok, as they are hundreds of years ahead in technology. Lionheart is their only stumbling block in their march to overpower planet Earth.
A number of world and regional records were organised by sect leader Ram Rahim to promote the film. According to Guinness World Records, MSG fans assembled the world's largest poster on 15 September 2016, which covered 15,123.8 square metres (162,791 sq ft) and featured an advertisement for MSG: The Warrior Lion Heart. The largest display of oil lamps consists of 150,009 lamps achieved at an event organised Singh to promote film among 36 Lakh fans. The film's second song "Sohna Mera Mishri Di Daliye" was unveiled in an event attended by around 40 lakh people.
The movie premiered on 6 October in Delhi and was released on 7 October in Hindi, along with dubbed versions in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and English. The film was declared tax-free by Government of Rajasthan in the state.
Devarsi Ghosh of India Today wrote "MSG The Warrior Lion Heart is not a film. Like the previous MSG (Messenger of God) films, this too is a propaganda piece made by the subject of the said propaganda, Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh himself". Mihir Bhanage of The Times of India gave it 1.5 stars out of 5, describing the film as indicative of Singh's self-obsession. Bhanage wrote, "It takes guts to roll out such preachy and glorified films, but the saga continues with a devil-may-care attitude."
Anshu Lal of Firstpost described the film as "horrible". Specific criticism was centered on problems in storytelling, such as the use of pop-up video. Lal wrote, "Because without that pop up, how would the poor audience comprehend the concept of background narration, right?" Lal also criticised the plot, the acting, and the cartoonish nature of the film. Namrata Thakker of Rediff.com gave it half star out of 5, and wrote that it is only for die hard fans of Singh's. Aakash Karkare of Scroll.in wrote that movie is every bit as terrible as you expect it to be.
According to The Times of India the film collected approximately ₹32 million in its first weekend with an estimated total of ₹46 million after five days. Box Office India tallied the worldwide gross at approximately ₹176.7 million. According to Bollywood Hungama the film collected approximately ₹1.13 million in just one week. International Business Times stated that movie had a gross of ₹1.50 million. However, according to producers statement, the movie collected approximately ₹2.6 million in its first three weeks.
|MSG The Warrior Lion Heart|
|Soundtrack album to MSG The Warrior Lion Heart by|
|Released||17 September 2016|
|Genre||Feature Film Soundtrack|
|Producer||Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh|
|1||Dhol Baaje||Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh||Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh||3:31|
|2||Sohna Mera Mishri Di Daliye||Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh||Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh||3:48|
- "MSG the Warrior: Lion Heart (12A)". British Board of Film Classification. 11 October 2016. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- "MSG - THE WARRIOR LION HEART - Movie". Box Office India. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "'MSG The Warrior – Lion Heart' box office collection: The film earns Rs 4.60 crore - Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 25 October 2016.
- "MSG THE WARRIOR LION HEART GROSS COLLECTION CROSSES 264.70 CRORES". Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "MSG The Warrior Lion Heart creates Guinness World record for largest poster". Bollywood Hungama. 17 October 2016. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "Hind Ka NaPak Ko Jawab: Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh launches poster of film on Indian Army's surgical strikes in PoK". International Business Times. 8 January 2017. Retrieved 13 January 2017.
- "Watch 'MSG The Warrior - Lion Heart' trailer: Dera Sacha Sauda chief battles aliens in his latest film". International Business Times. Retrieved 2016-11-05.
- "Delhi rocks to MSG The Warrior Lionheart with the film's special preview premiere". Bollywood Hungama. 6 October 2016. Retrieved 11 November 2016.
- "Ajay Devgn right, movie reviews can be bought, says 'MSG' Dera Sacha Sauda chief". 2016-09-05. Retrieved 2016-09-24.
- "'MSG - The Warrior: Lion Heart' release date announced". 2016-09-20. Retrieved 2016-09-24.
- "MSG The Warrior Lion Heart trailer: Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh is back as the superhuman rockstar baba". Retrieved 2016-09-24.
- "MSG Messenger of God: Indian critics pan guru film". BBC News.
- "Review: MSG The Messenger is not a movie". Rediff. 13 February 2015.
- "'MSG' review – The 'film' is excruciatingly awful only for non-believers". The Indian Express. 13 February 2015.
- "MSG review: Three hours of torture so painful that you start laughing at yourself!". dna.
- Ramnath, Nandini. "'MSG 2: The Messenger' sees the return of the guru of bad cinema".
- Mehta, Ankita. "'MSG 2' movie review roundup: It's funnier than the first part". Ibtimes.co.in. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
The film has failed to impress the critics with its storyline. Most of the critics have given 0 or 1/2 star to the film and even called it a nightmare.
- "MSG The Warrior Lion Heart movie review: Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh's film only for the lionhearted". M.indiatoday.in. Retrieved 22 October 2016.
- "'MSG: The Warrior — Lion Heart' review: Gurmeet Ram Rahim's surgical strike against intellect - Firstpost". Firstpost.com. 7 October 2016. Retrieved 25 October 2016.
- "Largest poster". Guinness World Records. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "Largest display of oil lamps". Guinness World Records. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "MSG — The Warrior: Lion Heart promotions take off with a musical concert". The Times of India. 28 September 2016. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "'MSG The Warrior Lion Heart' promotions start in full blast". The Times of India. 27 September 2016. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "Promotions of MSG The Warrior Lion Heart touch an all-time high". Bollywood Hungama. 26 September 2016. Retrieved 11 November 2016.
- "Punjab election move? BJP's Vasundhara Raje makes Gurmeet Ram Rahim's MSG- The Warrior tax-free in Rajasthan". India Today. 7 October 2016. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- "MSG The Warrior – Lion Heart Movie Review, Trailer, & Show timings". Times of India. Retrieved 22 October 2016.
- "Review: MSG: The Warrior Lion Heart is for die-hard Baba fans". Rediff.com. Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- Karkare, Aakash. "Film review: 'MSG The Warrior – Lion Heart' is every bit as terrible as you expect it to be". Scroll.in. Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- "MSG - THE WARRIOR LION HEART - Movie - Box Office India". Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "Music of MSG-The Warrior Lion Heart is out".
- Dhol Baaje - MSG The Warrior Lion Heart, 2016-09-20, retrieved 2016-10-03
- Sohna Mera Mishri Di Daliye, 2016-10-03, retrieved 2016-10-03