This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genre||Electronic music, experimental music|
MUTEK is a Montreal-based festival dedicated to the promotion of electronic music and the digital arts. Its central platform is an annual five-day event in Montreal that takes place in late August. Alongside the Montreal edition, MUTEK also hosts international versions of its festival.
Mutek was founded in 2000 by Alain Mongeau.
A Mexican edition of MUTEK has taken place in Mexico City since 2003. Annual South American single and/or multi-day events have taken place in Argentina and Chile since 2002 and 2004 respectively. Showcases have occurred in Brazil and Colombia as well.[better source needed]
In 2014, MUTEK paired with digital arts festival Elektra for the EM15 festival in Montreal.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to MUTEK.|
- Mertens, Max (13 May 2014). "Montreal's Mutek Festival Turns 15". Vice. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "MUTEK Montreal moves to August, announces first names, including Zip and Daphni". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 6 June 2018.
- New York. 39. New York Magazine. 2005.
- "Summary of MUTEK Activities Outside Quebec". 2016-12-20. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "MUTEK_Beijing". 2005. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- Coultate, Aaron (18 February 2014). "MUTEK and Elektra join forces for EM15". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 2018-06-11.