Mack Rossoff is an American financier and investment banker. He is the founder of Rossoff & Co., an independent investment banking and advisory firm based in New York City. Rossoff has had a long career in investment banking, with over 32 years of experience. Rossoff & Co. operates in the United States and internationally.
|Residence||New York City|
|Education||Harvard Business School, (MBA, 1984)|
|Alma mater||Princeton University, (AB, 1974)|
Rossoff & Company LLC |
Banc of America Securities (prior)
Soundview Technology Group (prior)
JP Morgan (prior)
Schroder Wertheim & Co. (prior)
Dillon, Read & Co. (prior)
Wasserstein Perella & Co. (prior)
The First Boston Corporation (prior)
|Known for||Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Finance|
|Notable work||Financial advisor to Kohlberg Kravis Roberts during the leveraged buyout of RJR Nabisco|
|Home town||Los Angeles|
Rossoff started his career in 1982 with The First Boston Corporation, predecessor to Credit Suisse, where he advised Taft Broadcasting on acquisition of Gulf Broadcasting, Time Inc.’s acquisition of Scott Foresman & Co., Tri-Star Pictures on its initial public offering and Ted Turner on his junk bond offering. At First Boston, Rossoff worked with Bruce Wasserstein and Joseph Perella and later joined them in a move to Wasserstein Perella & Co..
While with Wasserstein Perella & Co., Rossoff worked on several notable transactions, including Campeau Corporation's acquisition of Federated Department Stores, Time Inc.’s merger with Warner Communications, Inc., and Kohlberg Kravis Roberts leveraged buyout of RJR Nabisco Inc., valued at a record $25 billion. Rossoff's role in the leveraged buyout of RJR Nabisco Inc. is referenced in Barbarians at the Gate, the best-selling book that chronicled the transaction.
Rossoff went on to be a managing director at Dillon, Read & Co. in the corporate finance department, head of corporate finance at Schroder Wertheim & Co., global head of media and entertainment at JP Morgan and managing director and head of mergers and acquisitions at Soundview Technology Group, Inc. Following Soundview Technology Group, Rossoff joined Banc of America Securities as a managing director in the media and telecom group. While at Banc of America Securities, Rossoff advised Columbia Sussex on the $2.75 billion contested acquisition of Aztar Corp.
During his career Rossoff has been on a number of corporate boards including Director of Oneclip.com. Rossoff is an Honorary Trustee of Congregation Rodeph Sholom (Manhattan) and was Vice Chair and Trustee of Ethical Culture Fieldston School
Rossoff grew up in Palos Verdes, California. He received his AB cum laude from Princeton University in 1974. While at Princeton, Rossoff was Co-Winner of the 1869 Thesis Prize for best senior thesis on Ethics. Rossoff received his MBA with Second Year Honors from Harvard Business School.
- The New Generation of M&A Bankers., Lazere, Cathy (May,1989). Institutional Investors, 23, 6, Page 180
- Two Big First Boston Clients Will Keep Defecting Merger Officials as Advisors. Burrough, Bryan (Feb,1988). Wall Street Journal, Eastern Edition, 04 Feb 1988
- How Campeau Won Federated: Epic Battle Affected Lives and Livelihoods of Thousands. Groves, Martha (June, 1988). Los Angeles Times, 12 June 1988
- The inside story of Time Warner. Saporito, Bill (November, 1989). Fortune, 20 November 1989
- Time Inc. Strikes Back: Time's Strategy Showcases Wasserstein Perella & Co. as Superstar in Merger Battles. Sing, Bill (June, 1989). Los Angeles Times, 17 June 1989
- Barbarians at the Gate, Burrough Bryan and Helyar John (1990). Chapters 8 and 15 (ISBN 0099469154)
- New York Times, 3 March 1992
- Schroder recruits Rossoff for U.S. corporate finance. Wall Street Journal. 09 October 1995
- J.P. Morgan taps Rossoff for Media. Variety Staff (September, 1997). Variety, 10 September 1997
- In Brief: J.P. Morgan Loses Entertainment, Media Investment Chief to Net Firm. Mandaro, Laura (March, 2000). American Banker, 15 March 2000
- Wit and Wisdom. Forsten, Danny (March, 2001). The Deal, 09 March 2001
- Movers & Shakers - Oct. 14, 2002. Moore, Heidi (October, 2002). The Deal, 11 October 2002
- Columbia Sussex wins Aztar. Beltran, Luisa (May, 2006). The Deal, 22 May 2006
- Oneclip.com Announces New Board Appointments. PR Newswire (April, 2000). PR Newswire, 12 April 2000
- Congregation Rodeph Sholom Established 1842
- Ethical Culture Fieldston School Annual Report 2004 - 2005