Madan Krishna Shrestha
|Madan Krishna Shrestha|
|Native name||मदन कृष्ण श्रेष्ठ|
April 19, 1950 |
|Other names||Madan Bahadur|
|Occupation||Actor, Comedian, singer, writer|
|Website||Website of MaHa Sanchar|
Madan Krishna Shrestha ( listen (help·info)) (Nepali: मदन कृष्ण श्रेष्ठ) is a Nepalese television actor and comedian. He is one of the most respected comedians in the Nepalese entertainment industry. He is well known for his method acting. He is one of the comedy duo, "MaHa Jodi", the other one being Hari Bansha Acharya. He also performs on stage most of the time with his partner, Hari Bansha Acharya.
Madan Krishna Shrestha was born on April 19, 1950. His mother, Laxmi Devi Shrestha, died during his childhood and was the reason for his seriousness. He and his wife live in Dhobidhara, Kathmandu, Nepal, and he has a son and a daughter both of whom reside in the United States.
He received his primary education from the Montessori school, J.P. school and Padmadev School. He passed SLC (a final examination in secondary level of Nepal) from Shanti Nikunja School and then he did his I.Com. at Mahendra Ratna Public College and attempted a B.A. at a private institute. Since he was very much involved in the field of art, he could not make it through his graduation.
Madan Krishna Shrestha became noted by Nepalese viewers and critics after his performance in Rastriya Gaijatra Mahotsav in 2032 BS. Before meeting Hari Bansha Acharya, he had contributions in art for 10 years. The duo have become a hit and have done many comedic dramas and events in all parts of the world. The MaHa Jodi has produced a lot of Drama & Telefilms based on sociopolitical sector of Nepal.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Gorkha Dakshin Bahu - His Majesty of Government
- Jagadamba Shree Award 2047 (1991) - Madan Puraskar Guthi
- Jaycess Youth Award 1988 - Nepal Jaycess
- Rastriya Yuba Gaurav Samman 2054 - Antarrastriya Manch Nepal
- Best Comedian 2043 (1986) - Lions Club Bishal Bazar
- Best Actor 2054 (1992) - Abhiyan
- Best Director 2048 (1992) - Tele Film Award
- Best Script Writer
- Best Dialogue 2047 (1991) - Nepal Video Film Organization
- Best Singer 2026 (1969) - Prakash Pustakalaya, Jochhen, Kathmandu
- Abhiyan Shree Award 2057 (2000)
- Nepal Samman 2057 Nepal Felicitation 2000 - Everest Foundation Nepal
- Best Character Artist Award 2056 (2056) - Nepal Motion Picture Association
- Outstanding Contribution Award 2058 (1001) - Nepal Motion Picture Award
- Millennium Khyali Juju Award 2057 (2000)
- Hari Tara Award 2052 (1996) - Nepal Film Artist Association
- Best Dialogue - Nepal Film Artist Association
- Best Story Writer - Abhiyan
- Appreciation Award 1999 - The Everest Magazine, Toronto, Canada
- Lux Movie Award 2003 - The Best Character Artist
- 1. Yamlok
- 2. Paralysis
- 3. Anshabandha
- 4. Cockfight
- 5. Raddi Tokari
- 6. Sapath Grahan
- 7. Aina
- 8. Bigyapan (Record breaking drama in Nepal)
- 9. London Airport
- 10. Woda Number 34
- 11. Rastriya Gaun Khane Katha Pratiyogita
- 12. Shraddh
- 13. Picnic
- 14. Abhibhawak
- 15. Sangeet
- 16. Remote Control
- 17. Nepal Bandha
- 18. Wrong Number
- 19. Prasna Uttar
- 20. Dohori Geet
- 21. Geetai Geet
- 22. Kaukuti
- 23. Nata
- 24. "205"
- 25. Bose Aandrai Bhundiko
- 26. Hoste Hainse
- 27. Saalik (The Statue) 2000
- 28. MaHa Dohari 2003
- 29. Dwitiya Raastriya Gaaun Khaane Pratiyogita 2004, etc.
- 30. Abhinandan
- 31. Remix Shraddh
- 32. Maha Dohari-2
- Fifty- Fifty (Produced for NTV)
- Santati (Produced for Reukai)
- 216777 (Produced for NTV)
- Bhakunde Bhoot (Produced for NTV)
- Pandra Gate (Produced for NTV)
- Dashain (Produced for NTV)
- Chiranjivi (Produced for JICA)
- Raat (Produced for UNDP)
- Banpale (Produced for King Mahendra Natural Conservation Trust)
- Sur Besur (Produced for MaHa Sanchar)
- Ohho! (Produced for BBC and HMG/Nepal)
- Kantipur (Produced for Kathmandu Metropolitan City)
- Rajmarg (Produced for Community Health Program)
- Pani (Produced for Nepal Jaycees)
- Kalajar (Produced for CECI)
- Ashal Logne (Produced for NFHP)
- Laxmi (Produced for Nepal Rastra Bank)
- Laal Purja (Produced for MaHa Sanchar)
- Tike ko Tin Mantra ( About condom).
- Shristee (Produced for Plan Nepal. About birth registration).
- Jal Pari (Produced for ENFO. About rainwater harvesting).
- Virus (Produced for FNCCI.- About anticorruption).
- MaHa Chautari (About different conflicts of Nepal).
- Left right left(Produced for FHI)
- Madan bahadur Hari bahadur( Produced by Maha sanchar) (program on informing people about the constituental assembly )
As an actor
|Lovi Paapi (लोभी पापी)|
|Ke Ghar Ke Deraa (के घर के डेरा)|
|Silu (Newari) (सिलु)|
|Truck Driver (ट्रक ड्राइभर)|
|Je Bho Ramrai Bho (जे भो राम्रै भो)|
|Sukha Dukha (सुख दु:ख)|
- Mahasan—published by Sajha Prakashan
- Bibek Bhandari. "Responding responsibly to nature's calls". Republica (Nepal). Retrieved 2010-07-17.
- Avash Karmacharya (September 9, 2009). "Kiran KC: Sunshine comic". Republica (Nepal). Retrieved 2010-07-17.
- Maharani Lamsal (July 29, 2009). "Nepal gets its own Laurel and Hardy". Xinhua. Retrieved 2010-07-17.
- Nigam Raut. "Hari Bansha & Madan Krishna as MaHa Jodi". MaHa Sanchar. Retrieved 1 July 2015.