|Origin||Nord-Odal, Hedmark, Norway|
|Labels||Dark Essence Records|
|Members||Agnete M. Kirkevaag
BP M. Kirkevaag
Tormod Langøien Moseng
|Past members||Odd Eivind Ebbesen
Eirik Ulvo Langnes
Paul Mozart Bjørke
Madder Mortem is a Norwegian progressive metal band. They were formed in 1993 as Mystery Tribe, but changed the name to Madder Mortem in 1997. The group released a full-length album, Mercury, in 1999, but the band's label folded soon after its release, and all but two members (Agnete and BP Kirkevaag) left the group. A new lineup recorded the All Flesh Is Grass album for a new label, Century Media, in 2001, and Deadlands followed on The End Records in 2002, after which further lineup changes ensued. The band's most recent records were released via Peaceville Records, although they parted ways with Peaceville in the late fall of 2014 and are currently seeking a new label.
On July 21, 2014, the band announced the addition of a new guitar player, Richard Wikstrand, formerly of Chrome Division. 
- Agnete M. Kirkevaag − Vocals (formerly also bass) (1993–present)
- BP M. Kirkevaag − Guitars, backing vocals (1993–present)
- Richard Wikstrand − Guitars (2014–present)
- Tormod Langøien Moseng − Bass guitar (2003–present)
- Mads Solås − Drums (1999–present)
- Odd Eivind Ebbesen − Guitar (2003–2010)
- Christian Ruud − Guitar (1993–1999)
- Boye Nyberg − Bass Guitar (1993–1999)
- Sigurd Nilsen − Drums (1996–1999)
- Eirik Ulvo Langnes − Guitar (2000–2003)
- Paul Mozart Bjørke − Bass Guitar, backing vocals (2000–2003)
- Patrick Scantlebury − Guitar (2010–2014)
In September/October 2001, Madder Mortem supported Tristania, Rotting Christ, and Vintersorg on a 23-date European tour. During February and March 2003 Madder Mortem supported Opeth on the European leg of their "Deliverance" tour. In addition to various cities across Western Europe, the Opeth tour also brought them to the UK for the first time, with a total of 33 gigs.
They have played festivals including Brutal Assault in the Czech Republic, Popkomm in Germany, Yuletide Metal Meeting in Northern Ireland, and Conmusic in Mexico; as well as the Norwegian festivals Southern Discomfort, Inferno Metal Festival, and Quart Festival.
With new guitarist Richard Wilkstrand, Madder Mortem performed at the festival Livestock at Alvdal in rural Norway on July 11th, 2014.
- Misty Sleep (1997)
- Demo 98 (1998)
- Demo 2000 (2000)
- Mercury (Misanthropy Records, 1999)
- All Flesh Is Grass (Century Media, 2001)
- Deadlands (The End Records, 2002)
- Desiderata (Peaceville Records, 2006)
- Eight Ways (Peaceville Records, 2009)
- Red in Tooth and Claw (Dark Essence Records, 2016)
Singles & EPs
- Madder Mortem at MusicMight.
- Madder Mortem :: Band › Biography › Biography.
- Madder Mortem at Allmusic
-  www.maddermortem.com
- Madder Mortem - Biography
- Madder Mortem To Headline Ireland's YULETIDE METAL MEETING
|This article about a Norwegian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|