A street in Mallavolu
|• Total||25.56 km2 (9.87 sq mi)|
|Elevation||4.5 m (14.8 ft)|
|• Density||270/km2 (700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Machilipatnam|
As of 2011[update] census, Mallavolu had a population of 6,886. The total population constitute, 3,455 males and 3,431 females —a sex ratio of 993 females per 1000 males. 579 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 299 are boys and 280 are girls. The average literacy rate stands at 64.15% with 4,046 literates, significantly higher than the state average of 67.41%.
Government and politics
Mallavolu gram panchayat is the local self-government of the village. The panchayat is divided into wards and each ward is represented by an elected ward member. The ward members are headed by a sarpanch and the present sarpanch is Parnam Aruna sri.
- "District Census Handbook - Krishna" (PDF). Census of India. p. 16,436. Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- "Literacy of AP (Census 2011)" (PDF). Official Portal of Andhra Pradesh Government. p. 43. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- "Mallavolu Village Panchayat". National Panchayat Portal. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- "Gram Panchayat Identification Codes" (PDF). Saakshar Bharat Mission. p. 120. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- Social Science. Vk Publications. p. 117. ISBN 9788179732144.
- "DSE - Department of School Education". cse.ap.gov.in. Retrieved 17 October 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mallavolu.|