Mama He's Crazy
|"Mama He's Crazy"|
|Single by The Judds|
|from the album Wynonna & Naomi|
|The Judds singles chronology|
"Mama He's Crazy" is a song written by Kenny O'Dell, and recorded by American country music duo The Judds. It was released in April 1984 as the second from the album Wynonna & Naomi. The song was The Judds' second country hit and the first of fourteen number one country hits. The single went to number one for one week and spent a total of fourteen weeks on the country chart. It was only the second country number one sung by a female duo ever; previously only The Davis Sisters featuring Skeeter Davis had made it to number one on the country chart in 1953 with their song "I Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know".
- In 1984, Pinkard & Bowden released a parody of the song titled "Mama She's Lazy". This parody went to number 39 on the country music charts.
- In 2007, Jill Johnson covered the song on the Music Row album.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canadian RPM Country Tracks||1|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 184.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 101.
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 326. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- "Music Row" (in Swedish). Svensk dediedatabas. 2007. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "The Judds Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
|This 1980s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|