|Single by Thalía|
|from the album Habítame Siempre|
|Released||October 8, 2012|
|Format||Digital download, CD single|
|Genre||Latin pop, adult contemporary|
|Thalía singles chronology|
"Manías" ("Hobbies") is a Latin pop ballad by Mexican singer Thalía, from her eleventh studio album Habítame Siempre. The song was written and composed by Raul Ornelas and was released worldwide by Sony Music as the lead single from the album on October 8, 2012. It marks Thalía's return to music after four years without a studio recorded single released.
As Thalía announced herself through her official Twitter account, the song is dedicated to her mother who died last year. "Manías" has received highly positive reviews from the critics, who acclaimed Thalía's artistic evolution and vocal abilities. It also had a positive impact in digital sales, managing to debut in over 20 countries on the first day of its release, reaching the top position in many of them. Thalía performed the song live for the first time in her special Univision TV concert entitled "Habitame Siempre". Her concert was broadcast on Univision Network in the United States on November 18, 2012.
Thalia performed the song in a special TV concert in which she presented a small part of her album, apart from performing some of the most representative hits of her career. Her concert was broadcast on Univision Network in the United States on November 18, 2012 and Televisa Network in Mexico on November 24. The concert took place in the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City on September 21, 2012. During the concert, Thalia revealed that "Manías" would be released as the first single from her album.
During her promotional tour in Spain, Thalía presented the song to the Spanish audience in a stunning live performance at the annual Cadena Dial Awards, that took place in Tenerife on March 13, 2013. She is also expected to include the song in the setlist of her VIVA! Tour, set to be launched at March 24, 2013 in Chicago. In total, she has publicly performed the song 4 times up to date.
A "making of" video premiered on VEVO on November 9, 2012. It featured background scenes from the recording of the song in the studio. The official music video of the song premiered on VEVO on December 18, 2012. The video was recorded in the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York and it features Thalía's live performance of the song. The same video had been used during the week of the album's release as part of a promotional TV special.
Sales and certifications
- Digital download
- "Manías" – 3:54
- "Manías (Jump Smokers Remix)" - 4:17
- "Manías (Bachata Remix)" - 3:51
- CD Single
- "Manías" - 3:54
Charts and certifications
|Chart (2012 - 2013)||Peak
|Spanish Airplay Chart (PROMUSICAE)||35|
|Mexican Espanol Airplay (Billboard)||1|
|Mexican Singles Chart (Monitor Latino)||4|
|US Hot Latin Songs (Billboard)||26|
|US Latin Pop Songs (Billboard)||14|
|US Tropical Songs (Billboard||40|
|Worldwide||October 8, 2012||Digital download|
|Latin America||Digital download, Radio single|
|Mexico||October 20, 2012||Radio single, CD Single|
|United States||October 22, 2012||Spanish Contemporary radio|
- Interpreter : Thalía
- Producer : Cheche Alara
- Voice directors : Cheche Alara, Paul Forat
- Voice engineer : Rafa Sardina, Pablo Arraya
- Recording engineer : Rafa Sardina
- Arrangements : Cheche Alara
- String arrangements : Cheche Alara
- Piano, Hammond, Wurli and keyboards : Cheche Alara
- Drums : Randy Cooke
- Acoustic and Electric Guitar : Tim Pierce
- Percussion : Luis Conte
- Bass : Lee Sklar
- Chorus : Facundo Monty, Jonathan Eugenio, Camila Ibarra, Ayelén Zuker
- Mixed by : Peter Mokran
- (P) 2012 Sony Music Entertainment US Latin LLC
- Deea (2012-09-30). "Single Preview: Thalía – Manias". Muuz.ro. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- Habitame Siempre. "Habitame Siempre: Thalia: Music". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- "Thalia Presenta Manias, Primer Single De Su Nuevo Album "Habitame Siempre"". Sony Music. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- "Twitter / thalia: Dedicada al 100% a mi mama". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- Josué P. Camacho / El Mexicano (2012-09-29). "2012/09/29 Thalía por siempre -El Mexicano". El-mexicano.com.mx. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- "Habítame Siempre, el concierto de Thalía en Nueva York". Noticias999.com. 2011-12-15. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- "Thalía - Manías (Lyric Video)". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- "Manías (US Digital Download Single)". itunes.com. Retrieved October 8, 2012.
- http://www.promusicae.org/files/listasradio/w5-Top%2050.pdf[permanent dead link]
- "Mexico Airplay 2012-11-17". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2012-12-01. Retrieved 2012-11-23.
- "Top 20 General". RadioNotas (in Spanish). Monitor Latino Media. Archived from the original on 2012-11-26.
- "Thalia – Chart history" Billboard Hot Latin Songs for Thalia.
- "Thalia – Chart history" Billboard Latin Pop Songs for Thalia.
- "iTunes - Music - Manías - Single by Thalía". Itunes.apple.com. 2012-10-08. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- "Top Albums - Billboard 200 - Album Sales - Nielsen Soundscan". Billboard.biz. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20111228025141/http://www.allaccess.com/mediabase/q/report/sevenDay/format/L1/panel/N/detail/C/reportType/R. Archived from the original on December 28, 2011. Retrieved October 29, 2012. Missing or empty