|Produced by||Viswanathan Ravichandran|
|Edited by||V. Jaishankar|
|Distributed by||Gemini Productions|
Manasellam is a 2003 medium-budget Tamil film starring Srikanth and Trisha. The film is directed by Santhosh. The score and soundtrack, composed by Illayaraja, was released on March 2003 and has made a decent impact across Tamil Nadu. It got dubbed as Manasantha in Telugu.
On the way to Chennai, Bala's (Srikanth) bag and certificates get stolen in the train. But he has a look about him that endears him to a petty shop owner Sundaram (Haneefa), who provides him accommodation along with a few bachelors (Vayyapuri, Shyam Ganesh and Sukran) in the top portion of his house. Malar (Trisha) stays opposite this house and the bachelors are crazy about her. They are scared if the handsome and generous Bala will try to woo her and so they hatch a plot and frame him, so that Malar’s two brothers beat him up black and blue. Three strangers, who claim to be his true friends from Hyderabad, save an unconscious Bala.
Now the true identity of Bala is told in a flashback by these friends, that he is a rich son of an industrialist (Rajeev and Fathima Babu). Malar saves Bala from an accident and soon they are in love. But her brothers take her back to Chennai, as her sister had already eloped with someone. The brothers do not want her to commit the same mistake and make her promise that she will only marry someone of their choice. Then there is another secret that nobody knows - Malar is suffering from some brain disease and will die soon. Bala comes to stay opposite her house to see and make her happy till the end.
- Kaiyil Deepam - Sadhana Sargam
- Kuyile Kuyile - Karthik
- Ilayaneedhi - Srinivas, Sadhana Sargam
- Nee Thoongum Nerathil - Hariharan
- Nee Thoongum Nerathil - Sadhana Sargam
Nanjilonline wrote: "On the whole Manasellam leaves you with a migraine". Bizhat praised the performances: "Trisha, snatches everyone's attention with her flashing smile. Srikanth has delivered his role very comfortably and carries the movie elegantly proving to find his hand over all type of roles and now rolling to reels". Hindu wrote: "Manasellam has the ingredients of an entertaining fare — but the worn-out storyline and trying sequences are stumbling blocks".
The film opened in 2 screens in inner Chennai.
- "A Tamil entertainment ezine presenting interesting contents and useful services". Nilacharal. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- TNN Jul 13, 2012, 12.00AM IST (2012-07-13). "When Vidya Balan was kicked out - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "Manasellam Movie Review - NanjilOnline Movies". Nanjilonline.com. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- HostOnNet.com. "BizHat.com - Manasellam Review. Srikanth, Trisha, Vayyapuri, Haneefa, Shyam Ganesh". Movies.bizhat.com. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "Manasellam". The Hindu. 2003-04-04. Retrieved 2012-08-04.