|Commune and town|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
According to the 2008 census the town has population of 49,007 inhabitants and totally its commune has 49,150 inhabitants.
The settlement was founded by the Marinids in 1303 AD as a fortified base for their siege of Tlemcen. The site quickly grew into a large city with tens of thousands of inhabitants.
The main landmark of Mansourah is the Tlemcen National Park with the ruins of the fortified city. They include parts of the walls of the city, better preserved walls of the castle and its leading tower.
The commune of Mansourah is composed of 8 localities (1984):
- Béni Boublène
- Wone Ouest
- ZHUN Champ de tir
- Kifan Sud-Ouest
- Ouali Mustapha (Riat El Kébir)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mansourah.|
- "Communes of Algeria". Statoids. Retrieved 12 December 2010.
- "Population: Tlemcen Wilaya" (PDF) (in French). Office National des Statistiques de l'Algérie. p. 2. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Population: Algeria" (PDF) (in French). Office National des Statistiques de l'Algérie. p. 42. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 November 2012. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Décret n° 84-365, fixant la composition, la consistance et les limites territoriale des communes. Wilaya de Tlemcen" (PDF) (in French). Journal officiel de la République Algérienne. 19 December 1984. p. 1498. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
|This article about a location in Tlemcen Province is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|