Mapado 2: Back to the Island
|Mapado 2: Back to the Island|
|Revised Romanization||Mapado 2|
|Directed by||Lee Sang-hoon|
|Produced by||Baek Jong-jin
|Music by||Kim Chang-hwan|
|Edited by||Moon In-dae|
|Distributed by||CJ Entertainment|
Former detective Chung-su takes a secret mission from an aged millionaire who wants to see his first love again before he dies. Knowing only that the woman's name is Kkotnim and that she now lives on Dongbaek Island, Chung-su sets sail only for a shipwreck to leave him stranded once more on Mapado, where five abusive old women gave him trouble two years earlier. Discovering that the former name of Mapado is in fact Dongbaek, he starts to investigate the women's pasts believing that one of them is Kkotnim.
- Lee Moon-sik - Chung-su
- Kim Ji-young
- Yeo Woon-kay
- Kim Eul-dong
- Kim Hyeong-ja
- Kil Hae-yeon
- Lee Kyu-han
- Lee Cheol-min
- Nam Ji-hyun
- Kim Soo-mi (cameo)
- Joo Hyun (cameo)
Mapado 2 was released in South Korea on 18 January 2007, and topped the box office on its opening weekend with 508,590 admissions. The film went on to receive a total of 1,560,297 admissions, with a gross (as of 25 February 2007) of $8,730,037.
Kim Tae-jong of The Korea Times stated that, "Overall, the film may not have the cutting-edge humor or well-developed story of the original, but its old fashioned jokes still work. The cast knows how to produce laughter with the minimum of ingredients."
- "Good Sequels". The Dong-A Ilbo, 9 November 2006. Retrieved on 2 December 2008.
- Deutsch, Brian. "Drama Sets in Suncheon: Journey to Past". The Korea Times, 11 September 2008. Retrieved on 2 December 2008.
- "Box-Office Admission Results" (2007). Koreanfilm.org. Retrieved on 2 December 2008.
- "Korean Box Office" (2007.01.19 ~ 2007.01.21). HanCinema. Retrieved on 2 December 2008.
- "South Korea Box Office February 19–25, 2007". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved on 2 December 2008.
- D'Sa, Nigel "8 Korean Films Screen at China's Top Fest". HanCinema, 12 June 2007; originally published by the Korean Film Council. Retrieved on 2 December 2008.
- Kim Tae-jong. "Familiar Jokes on 'Mapado 2'". HanCinema, 18 January 2007; originally published by The Korea Times. Retrieved on 2 December 2008.