Mara Davi is an actress, singer and dancer who made her Broadway debut as Maggie Winslow in the 2006 revival of A Chorus Line.
Davi grew up in Colorado and her family moved to Folsom, California, where she attended Folsom High School. She appeared in numerous regional productions including: Annie, The Sound of Music, Gypsy, Baby, Grease, and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
Davi joined The Drowsy Chaperone on Broadway on July 30, 2007 succeeding Sutton Foster in the lead role of Janet van de Graaff. In March 2008, she was featured in the premiere of the musical stage version of The Band Wagon at the Old Globe Theatre in San Diego, in the role played by Cyd Charisse.
She then returned to New York for the May 2008 Encores! concert presentation of No, No, Nanette in the title role, playing alongside Rosie O'Donnell, Sandy Duncan, Shonn Wiley, and Fred Willard. In 2012 she was in a musical adaptation of The Toxic Avenger at The Alley Theatre. The Toxic Avenger musical plans on transferring on Broadway in the near future.
She made her Birdland cabaret debut in May 2008. She appeared on the Broadway stage as Judy Haynes in the 2009 New York production of Irving Berlin's White Christmas. She played Daisy Parker who blackmails Derek Wills for a role in the fictional Hit List on the second season of Smash. From 2011 to 2012 she played the role of Bianca Sanfino in "A Night on the Town", "Moonlighting", and "Women with Guns" the 5th, 9th, and 16th episodes of the second season of the CBS police procedural drama Blue Bloods.
She resides in New York with her husband.
- "Mara Davi: Showin' Off", broadwayworld.com, August 6, 2007
- University of Iowa 42nd Street credits, January 2005
- Bornstein, Lisa."Dancing in Denver shows since age 8, Mara Davi lands Broadway role", Rocky Mountain News, October 9, 2006
- Internet Broadway Database listing, Mara Davi
- Jones, Kenneth. "New Sun in the Sky: Mara Davi Will Be Dancing in the Dark in San Diego", Playbill, January 7, 2008, accessed August 15, 2008.
- Stevens, Rob. "Dancing in the Dark", theatermania.com, March 17, 2008
- Gans, Andrew."Mara Davi Is Nanette for City Center Encores! Beginning May 8", playbill.com, May 8, 2008, accessed August 15, 2008
- "First Look at Constantine Maroulis as The Toxic Avenger", playbill.com, January 10, 2012
- castparty listing
- Moore, John."Broadway break delights teachers", Denver Post, October 22, 2006
- Mara Davi at the Internet Movie Database
- Mara Davi web site
- "Chatting with Drowsy's Mara Davi Plus News of Peters and Bundy", playbill.com, September 14, 2007