Marc Lynch is a Professor of Political Science and International Affairs at George Washington University, where he is also director of both the Institute for Middle East Studies and the Middle East Studies Program.
Lynch is also a Non-Resident Senior Fellow at the Center for a New American Security, and is on the editorial board of PS Political Science & Politics. Marc Lynch also writes a blog for Foreign Policy. Lynch received his BA from Duke University and his MA and PhD from Cornell University.
- 1999: State Interest and Public Spheres: the International Politics of Jordan's Identity, a study of Jordanian society and politics (New York: Columbia University Press).
- September/October 2007: "Brothers in Arms: Memo to the Muslim Brotherhood on How to Talk to America". P D F file icon Foreign Policy.
- 2007: Voices of the New Arab Public: Iraq, al-Jazeera, and Middle East Politics Today (Columbia Univ. Pr.).
- July/August 2010: "Veiled Truths: The Rise of Political Islam in the West", Foreign Affairs 89, no.4, pp.138-147.
- 2011: "After Egypt: The Limits and Promise of the Online Challenges to the Authoritarian Arab State". Perspectives on Politics 9, no.2, pp.301-310.
- 2011: Revolution in the Arab World: Tunisia, Egypt, And the Unmaking of an Era (Foreign Policy). eBook.
- March 2012: The Arab Uprising: The Unfinished Revolutions of the New Middle East, a book about the so-called Arab Spring (PublicAffairs).
- 2014: The Tourniquet: A Strategy for Defeating the Islamic State and Saving Syria and Iraq (Center for a New American Security)
- 2014: The Arab Uprisings Explained: New Contentious Politics in the Middle East (Columbia University Press)
- April 2016: The New Arab Wars: Uprisings and Anarchy in the Middle East (PublicAffairs, United States).
- "Marc Lynch - Elliott School of International Affairs - The George Washington University". Gwu.edu. Retrieved 30 November 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-05-15. Retrieved 2010-04-22.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-06-11. Retrieved 2010-04-22.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Foreign Policy - the Global Magazine of News and Ideas". Lynch.foreignpolicy.com. Retrieved 30 November 2017.
- Law in the Service of Legitimacy: Gender and Politics in Jordan, p. 18, at Google Books
- "'The New Arab Wars', Marc Lynch". Amazon.com. Retrieved 29 October 2016.
|This biography of a political scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|