|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2013)|
Marcello Musto (1976) is an associate Professor of Political Theory at York University.
April 14, 1976 |
Musto's work focuses on the analysis of Karl Marx's thought, its current relevance, and Marxism. His research interests also include the history of socialist thought, theories of alienation, and economic crises. His books, articles and chapters in collective volumes (more than 100) have been published in 16 languages.
His edited collection Karl Marx’s Grundrisse: Foundations of the Critique of Political Economy 150 Years Later has been translated into three languages and has received significant scholarly attention. His monograph Ripensare Marx e i marxismi. Studi e saggi [Rethinking Marx and Marxisms: Studies and Essays] has been positively reviewed in several Italian newspapers.
He is a regular contributor to L'Unità and member of the editorial boards of the journals La Pensée (France), Critica Marxista (Italy), Socialism and Democracy (USA), Herramienta (Argentina), Marxism 21 (South Korea), and Register of Critical Theory of Society (China).
- 2005: Sulle tracce di un fantasma. L'opera di Karl Marx tra filologia e filosofia (Ed.), Rome: Manifestolibri. Second printing 2006.
- Spanish translation, México, D.F.: SIGLO XXI, 2011. Second printing 2012.
- 2008: Karl Marx’s Grundrisse. Foundations of the Critique of Political Economy 150 Years Later (Ed.), London/New York: Routledge, Hardback. Paperback 2010.
- 2010: Karl Marx, L’alienazione (Ed.), Rome: Donzelli.
- 2010: Karl Marx, Introduzione alla critica dell’economia politica (Ed.), Macerata: Quodlibet.
- 2011: Ripensare Marx e i marxismi. Studi e saggi, Rome: Carocci.
- 2012: Marx for Today (Ed.), London/New York: Routledge.
Selected Online Publications
- “The current importance of Marx, 150 years after the Grundrisse: Conversation with Eric Hobsbawm”, ZNet, September 15, 2008.
- “One Hundred and Fifty Years of Marx's Grundrisse: Incomplete, Complex and Prophetic”, Monthly Review Zine, December 1, 2008.
- “The Formation of Marx’s Critique of Political Economy. From the Studies of 1843 to the Grundrisse”, Socialism and Democracy, vol. 24, n. 2 (July 2010).
- “Marx-Engels Gesamtausgabe (MEGA2): Has another Marx been revealed?”, Links. International journal of socialist renewal, January 2, 2011.
- “Political Crisis in Italy and Greece: Marx on 'Technical Government'”, Monthly Review Zine, November 11, 2011.
- “Marx: The Return of The Giant”, Japan Times, July 19, 2012.
In 1998, Musto was arrested and detained for three days in Diyarbakir, Turkey, during Newroz celebrations in support of the Kurdish cause. According to the newspaper Sabah, in 2000 his name was included in a blacklist, compiled by the Turkish Interior Ministry, of 56 international MPs, journalists, and political activists barred from entering Turkey.
- Contemporary Sociology: A Journal of Reviews. 40 (247): 247–48. 2011. Missing or empty
- Hoffman, John (October 2009). Science and Society. 73 (4): 559–61. Missing or empty
- Moseley, Fred (September 2011). Review of Radical Political Economics. 43 (3): 428–30. Missing or empty
- Wainwright, Joel (2011). Human Geography. 4 (3): 120–22. Missing or empty
- Izzo, Franca (January 16, 2012). "Riscoprire Marx ostile al socialismo di Stato". L'Unità. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- Ciccarelli, Roberto (January 26, 2012). "Un teorico ribelle alla gabbia della realtà". Il Manifesto.
- Gianni, Alfonso (May 4, 2012). "Marx liberato dai marxiani". Gli Altri.
- Felerico, Rita (July 7, 2012). "Ripensare Marx ai tempi della crisi". Il denaro. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- Iacono, Alfonso (September 22, 2012). "Marx da scoprire fuori dalle passioni dello scontro politico". Il Tirreno. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- Pianciola, Cesare (October 1, 2012). "La locomotiva del progresso e le altre storie possibili". L'indice dei libri del mese.
- Hurriyet Daily News (March 24, 1998). "Nevruz'a gelen İtalyanlar DGM'lik oldu (in Turkish)".
- Sabah Daily Newspaper (March 25, 2000). "56 Avrupalıya Yurda Giriş Yasağı (In Turkish)".