|Date(s)||last Sunday of January|
Marcialonga is a cross-country ski race which is arranged for the last Sunday in January in Trentino in Italy. It was first held in 1971 and has been a part of Worldloppet as long as Worldloppet has been around. In 2007, it was run for the 34th time.
Marcialonga runs in classic style, and is 70 km long, but in 2007, 2015 and 2017, it was shortened to 57 km due to snow problems. In 1975, 1989 and 1990 it was cancelled due to the total lack of snow on the track. A short race, Marcialonga light is 45 km, and goes from Moena to Predazzo.
Maria Canins won from 1979 until 1988 10 times the Marcialonga.
- "Marcialonga". Worldloppet. Retrieved 4 March 2015.
- Johan Häll (31 January 2016). "Tredje raka segern för Britta Johansson Norgren" (in Swedish). SVT Sport. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- Lars Grimlund (29 January 2017). "Britta Johansson tvåa i Marcialonga" (in Swedish). Dagens nyheter. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marcialonga.|
- Official homepage
- World Cross-Country Skiing
- 3D animation of race Requires Google Earth software.
- 2D View in Google Maps.