Marcy Blum is an American author, event planner and owner of Marcy Blum Associates in New York City.
Blum is a graduate of The Culinary Institute of America and began her career in the restaurant business, later creating a segue into the then developing field of event planning. In 1986 she became one of the first in the industry to develop the vocation into a successful career
Among her clients are Billy Joel and Katie Lee Joel, Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick, Salman Rushdie and Padma Lakshmi, Colin Hanks and Samantha Bryant, Lebron James and Savannah James, George Soros and Tomiko Soros, The Rockefeller family, Nate Berkus and Jeremiah Brent, and Andre Iguodala and Christina Iguodala. She was also the planner of The Knot's "Dream Wedding" in 2014 of Boston Marathon bombing survivors, Rebekah Gregory and Pete DiMartino. New York magazine described Blum as a "desired wedding planner to the wealthy and famous."
She coauthored, with Laura Kaiser, two books, Wedding Planning for Dummies and Wedding Kit for Dummies.
Marcy is the sister of American author and journalist Howard Blum.
- Swerdloff, Alexis What Do Padma Lakshmi and Kyra Sedgwick Have in Common? Their Wedding Planner, New York Sun, January 11, 2005
- Mallozzi, Vincent M.; Gettleman, Jeffrey Taming the Runaway Wedding Planner, The New York Times, June 24, 2007
- "Interview with Wedding Planner Marcy Blum – Wedding Market". weddingmarketnews.com. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- "Jimmy Iovine & Liberty Ross Wedding Gift Picks - Billboard". Billboard.
- Williams, Alex (2015-08-15). "How Celebrities Keep Their Weddings a Secret". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- "Billionaire Soros weds consultant in third marriage". Reuters. 2013-09-22. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- "Nate Berkus Marries Jeremiah Brent". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- Smith, Emily. "NBA Finals MVP ties the knot". Page Six. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- "Couple Injured in Boston Marathon Bombing to Marry in Dream Wedding". people.com. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- "Couple Injured in Boston Marathon Bombing Weds". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- "A List of Utterly Impractical Celebrity Weddings -- The Cut". The Cut.
- Rees, Samantha. "Vogue's Ultimate Wedding Planner Master List". Vogue. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- "Bazaar's Little Black Book: The Top Wedding Planners in the U.S." Harper's Bazaar. 2016-03-16. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- "64 Top Wedding Planners". Martha Stewart Weddings. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- "The High-End Party: Gilded to Perfection". NYMag.com. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- "3 Expert Planning Tips from Celeb Wedding Stylist Marcy Blum". theknot.com. Retrieved 2016-03-19.