This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Margrit Kennedy (November 21, 1939, Chemnitz - December 28, 2013, Steyerberg) was a German architect, professor, environmentalist, author and world authority on and advocate of complementary currencies and an interest- and inflation-free economy. In 2011, she initiated the movement Occupy Money.
Kennedy was an architect with a master's degree in Urban and Regional Planning and a Ph.D. in Public and International Affairs from the University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public and International Affairs. She worked as an urban planner in Germany, Nigeria, Scotland and the United States. In 1991, she was appointed Professor of Ecological Building Technologies at the Department of Architecture, University of Hanover.
She stated that her work on ecological architecture in 1982 led her to the discovery that it is "virtually impossible to carry out sound ecological concepts on the scale required today, without fundamentally altering the present money system or creating new complementary currencies".
Her most famous book—Interest and Inflation Free Money, Creating an Exchange Medium that Works for Everybody and Protects the Earth (1987) — has been revised several times and translated into 22 languages.
- The inner city (Architects' year book) 1974
- Building Community Schools: An Analysis of Experiences (Educational Building and Equipment Series, Volume 2) 1979
- Interest and Inflation Free Money: Creating an Exchange Medium That Works for Everybody and Protects the Earth, first published in 1987 and updated repeatedly afterward, last time in 2006 (in German anyway). The English 1995 version is available online.
- Designing Ecological Settlements: Ecological Planning and Building: Experiences in New Housing and in the Renewal of Existing Housing Quarters in Euro (Reflektierte Praxis) 1997
- Handbuch ökologischer Siedlungs(um)bau. Neubau- und Stadterneuerungsproj... in Europa 1998
- Regionalwährungen. Neue Wege zu nachhaltigem Wohlstand (with Bernard A. Lietaer), Riemann, München 2006, ISBN 978-3-570-50052-1
- Occupy Money, J. Kamphausen, Bielefeld 2011, ISBN 978-3-89901-595-9
- Alternative Currency Pioneer Leaves Rich Legacy
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-06-15. Retrieved 2012-04-05.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Margrit Kennedy|