Maria Entraigues-Abramson performing in December 2017
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Other names||María María|
As the outreach coordinator for the SENS Research Foundation, Entraigues has represented the Foundation internationally at conferences and in the media, and has explained and promoted the Foundation's goals of eradicating the diseases and disabilities of aging through innovative biotechnologies, including presentations at conferences internationally. Entraigues is also one of "The 300 Members of Methuselah Foundation", a group of people committed to help the advancement of technologies to eradicate the needless suffering of age-related disease and extend healthy human life. She is fluent in Spanish, English and Italian.
Early life and career
Born in Buenos Aires, Entraigues became involved in the entertainment business when she was very young, acting on the popular TV show Supermingo with Juan Carlos Altavista. She toured as a singer with artist Alejandro Lerner, appearing on three albums with him. Later she sang with various artists, including Luis Miguel, Alejandro Sanz, Ricky Martin, Rubén Rada, Juan Carlos Baglietto, Nito Mestre, Ricardo Montaner, Shaila Dúrcal, Pepe Aguilar, Jean-Michel Byron, Cristian Castro, Colin Hay, and Eikichi Yazawa. She writes a monthly article about “The Voice and Singing” for Músico Pro, a Spanish music magazine from Music Maker Publications.
Entraigues moved to Boston in 1992 when she was awarded with a scholarship to study Voice Performance and Composition at the Berklee College of Music. She later established herself in Los Angeles, California, and became a United States citizen. From 2009 to 2012, she also served as cultural attaché to the Consulate General of Argentina in Los Angeles.
Film career, music awards, and aviation
Entraigues engaged in singing and songwriting for movies including A Beautiful Life, and for A Walk in the Clouds, which was directed by Alfonso Arau, with whom she worked on six films after that. She also composed and performed music for Rush Hour 3, and for Disney movies, Disney radio campaigns and FOX Latin Television.
In 2005, Entraigues received an ASCAP award for co-writing the song "Luchare Por Tu Amor". This song was written as part of the soundtrack for the film, Zapata, starring Alejandro Fernández, for which the music was otherwise composed by Entraigues and Ruy Folguera. Her performance of the works of music of legendary singer Carlos Gardel was positively reviewed in Global Rhythm, in 2007, where a reviewer noted that "ten classic tracks are lovingly interpreted by singer Maria Entraigues", and wrote that "Maria Entraigues has a sweet voice which seduces me every time I hear the album". Entraigues performed with the Cómplices Tour of Mexican singer Luis Miguel from 2008 to 2009. In 2010, she appeared in the Italian romantic comedy The Trick in the Sheet (original title: L'imbroglio Nel Lenzuolo), for which she also composed the music. In one scene, Entraigues sings Quando men vo from Puccini's opera, La bohème.
Entraigues is also a pilot, and worked in that capacity on the set of the 2010 film, Jackass 3D. She began flying out of the Bob Hope Airport in Burbank, California, as a way to overcome a fear of flying. Her husband, Gary Abramson, is also a private pilot.
Entraigues serves as the Global Outreach Coordinator for the SENS Research Foundation, and is also part of the Advisory Team of the Coalition for Radical Life Extension, Director of Communications for the California Transhumanist Party, and a member of the Advisory Board of the Lifeboat Foundation.
- Ben Kallen, "Forever Young", LA Magazine (June 10, 2013): Maria Entraigues, the L.A.-based outreach coordinator for the SENS Research Foundation, a Northern California nonprofit that focuses on longevity research [says] "I always tell people, Why is it not 'natural' to get sick?" Entraigues says. "Why do we go to the doctor? Aging is the same thing. If there’s something we can do about it, we should".
- Lilian Hernandez, "El sueño de vivir mil años enfrenta a expertas" ("The dream of living a thousand years confronts experts"), Excélsior (October 11, 2013), p. 22: "Pero la ponente argentina Maria Entraigues, coordinadora de la Fundacion Sens, que busca terminar con el envejecimiento, aseguro que dentro de algunos anos lograran detener y revertir el deterioro en la vejez". (translation: "But Argentinian Maria Entraigues speaker, coordinator of the Sens Foundation, which seeks to end aging, assures within a few years success in halting and reversing deterioration in old age".
- Lilian Hernandez, "El sueño de vivir mil años enfrenta a expertas" ("The dream of living a thousand years confronts experts"), Excélsior (October 11, 2013), p. 23: "Maria Entraigues, coordinadora de la Fundacion Sens, asegura que habra una cura para la vejez debido a los avances de la medicina regenerativa, que aplica principios de bionanotecnologia y robotica". (translation: "Maria Entraigues, Sens Foundation coordinator, ensures that there will be a cure for old age due to advances in regenerative medicine, which applies principles of bionanotechnology and robotics").
- Susan Sayler, "Humanity+ newsletter" (June 1, 2015).
- "BRINK: 2015.1 Conference ft. Aubrey de Grey, Dr. Natasha Vita-More and more (June 5, 2015).
- Methuselah Foundation, The 300.
- Front and Center: Singer, Composer, Pilot, Global Outreach Coordinator at SENS Research Foundation, Maria Entraigues-Abramson, Women’s International Music Network (October, 2015).
- "Advisory Board: Maria Entraigues Abramson". Lifeboat Foundation. Retrieved January 12, 2018.
- ASCAP, Zapata "Luchare Por Tu Amor" (March 9, 2005).
- Global Rhythm (2007), Volume 16, Issues 7-12, p. 126.
- IMDb listing for Jackass 3D.
- "Advisory Team". Coalition for Radical Life Extension. Retrieved January 12, 2018.
- "Leadership". California Transhumanist Party. Retrieved January 12, 2018.
- Maria Entraigues-Abramson on IMDb
- Lifeboat Foundation biography of Maria Entraigues
- "2111 show features Alcor member Maria Entraigues", Kurzweil Accelerating Intelligence (May 10, 2013)
- Front and Center: Singer, Composer, Pilot, Global Outreach Coordinator at SENS Research Foundation, Maria Entraigues-Abramson, Women’s International Music Network (October, 2015)