Kannegaard at Kongsberg Jazz Festival 2011.(Photo: Thomas Bjørndahl)
6 October 1970 |
Maria Kannegaard (born 6 October 1970, Copenhagen) is a Danish-born Norwegian jazz musician and pianist. She has lived in Norway since age 10. She is known from her own Maria Kannegaard trio and cooperation with, among others Live Maria Roggen's LiveBand, Eldbjørg Raknes' Trio and TingeLing, and numerous appearances at Norwegian jazz festivals.
Kannegaard was educated on the Jazz program at Trondheim Musikkonsevatorium (1992–1996). With Ole Morten Vågan (bass) and Thomas Strønen (drums) she is Maria Kannegaard Trio. She has composed music for Trondheim Jazz Orchestra, played in Alibi with Tine Asmundsen (bass), a band from Kongsberg, and in Eldbjørg Raknes' TingeLing, Live Maria Roggen's LiveBand and Siri Gjære's band.
- As Maryland
- 2008: Maryland (Moserobie Music Production)
- 2008: Maryland Live! (Moserobie Music Production), recorded live at Vossajazz
- As Maria Kannegaard Trio
- 2000: Breaking The Surface (ACT Music), with Mats Eilertsen (double bass) and Thomas Strønen (drums)
- 2005: Quiet Joy (Jazzland Records/Universal Music), with Ole Morten Vågan (double bass) and Thomas Strønen (drums)
- 2007: Live In Oslo (MNJ Records), with Trondheim Jazz Orchestra
- 2008: Camel Walk (Jazzland Recordings), with Ole Morten Vågan (double bass) and Thomas Strønen (drums)
- 1997: TingeLing (NorCD), with Eldbjørg Raknes’ TINGeLING
- 2005: Månge Röstar Talar (Bergland Productions), with Eldbjørg Raknes Trio (lyrics by Karin Boye)
- 2006: Survival Kit (Bergland Productions), with Siri Gjære
- 2007: I Live Suddenly (MYrecordings), with Eldbjørg Raknes’ 'TingeLing'
- 2007: Circuit Songs (Jazzland Recordings), with Live Maria Roggen
- 2007: Molecular Gastronomy (Rune Grammofon), with the Duo Iain Ballamy and Thomas Strønen, featuring Maria Kannegaard and Ashley Slater
- 2011: Monsters And Puppets (Gigafon), Duo with Thomas Strønen (drums, electronics)
- 2011: Song (Øra Fonogram), with Billy Fy
- 2013: Sidewalk Comedy (MNJ Records), with Trondheim Jazz Orchestra and Eirik Hegdal
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Maria Kannegaard.|
- "Kannegaard biography" (in Norwegian). MIC.no. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "Maria Kannegaard Trio". MySpace.com. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- Wicklund, Erling (23 September 2011). "Kannegaard på Kongsberg" (in Norwegian). NRK. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "Maria Kannegaard ble årets NTNU-ambassadør" (in Norwegian). Trondheim Jazz Festival. 21 January 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "Maria Kannegaard Trio" (in Norwegian). Cosmopolite.no. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- Kelman, John (22 September 2008). "Maria Kannegaard Trio: Camel Walk (2008)". Musical reviews. All About Jazz. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "Monsters and puppets". Musical reviews (in Norwegian). JazzINorge.no. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
Ole Morten Vågan
|Recipient of the Kongsberg Jazz Award