||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Marianne Badrichani (Brault-Badrichani) is a theatre director, adaptor, producer and actor trainer.
Trained at Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, Marianne Badrichani began directing and co-producing French contemporary plays in London in 2000, working with Katie Mitchell, the Young Vic, the National Theatre, and in the West End.
She is a resident artist at the French Institute and a member of the Cross Channel Theatre Group. Since 2012, she started to direct shows in China where she took Cravate Club/Members Only by Fabrice Roger-Lacan then Trois Ruptures/Three Splits in May 2015.
Theatre includes as a director: Trois Ruptures/Three Splits by Rémi De Vos with Chris Campbell and Edith Vernes (Print Room at the Coronet, Chelsea Theatre and Nine Theatre in Beijing), Members Only with Robert Bathurst and Nicholas Tennant (Trafalgar Studios and Oriental Palace in Beijing), The Little Black Book with Paul McGann and Susannah Harker and Three Women with Marcia Warren, Annie Firbank and Camilla Rutherford (both at Riverside Studios), The Match by Driss Ksikes Gate Theatre for Nour Festival, Paris Calling New Writing (Royal National Theatre).
Site Specific Productions and installation performances include (as a director and adaptor): Ionesco Unveiled (As part of InTRANSIT 2016), The Eyes Have It (for Bread and Goose and Alison Neighbour, Watford), Square Bubble (National Theatre/Watch This Space), The Clock stopped at 8.15 (Harrow with James Hadley), A Show in a Shop Window (In Transit, Kens High St), La Peau de Chagrin (In Transit, Holland Park), Blue Beard (Brompton Cemetery), Caprice (Barkston Gds), Cyrano (Lincoln’s Inn), I am a fool to want you (French Institute).
As a translator or an adaptor: The Season in the Congo for Joe Wright and the Young Vic, Dr Seuss’ The Cat in the Hat for Katie Mitchell, Interiors for Vanishing Point (both at Theatre de la Ville, Paris).
- "French actors thrive on the drama of China|chinadaily.com.cn". usa.chinadaily.com.cn. Retrieved 2016-07-28.
- 北京法盟, alliance francaise beijing chine 法语 学习法语 北京法语联盟. "Alliances Françaises de Chine". beijing.afchine.org. Retrieved 2016-07-28.
- Norbert. "La comédie noire Trois ruptures mise en scène du 12 au 17 mai à Beijing". beijing.china.org.cn. Retrieved 2016-07-28.
- Peatman, Laura (2015-01-26). "THEATRE REVIEW: Les Trois Ruptures, Chelsea Theatre". The Play's The Thing. Retrieved 2016-07-28.
- "REVIEW: Trois Ruptures / Three Ruptures, Chelsea Theatre ✭✭✭". 2015-01-25. Retrieved 2016-07-28.
- "MARIANNE BADRICHANI AND THE COMPANY PRESENT: IONESCO UNVEILED, A VISIT TO MR AND MRS SMITH". 2016-04-28. Retrieved 2016-07-28.
- Personal Website
- 2011 La Peau de Chagrin Adaptation