Mario De Caro
Mario De Caro (born 1963) is an Italian philosopher who is a Professor of moral philosophy at the University of Rome III in Rome, Italy. Since 2000, he has also been teaching at Tufts University, where he is regularly a Visiting Professor. He is interested in moral philosophy, the free-will controversy, theory of action, history of science, Donald Davidson's and Hilary Putnam's philosophies, and early modern philosophy. With David Macarthur he has defended a metaphilosohical view called liberal naturalism, which is now widely discussed.
He is the editor of Interpretations and Causes: New Perspectives on Donald Davidson’s Philosophy Naturalism in Question with David Macarthur  Cartographies of the Mind. Philosophy and Psychology in Intersection  Naturalism and Normativity (with David Macarthur), and Philosophy in an Age of Science: Physics, Mathematics and Skepticism David Macarthur), and In Dialogue, two volumes of philosophical papers by Hilary Putnam by Harvard University Press, respectively in 2012 and forthcoming.
He is a member of the editorial boards of The European Journal of Analytic Philosophy, Iris and Filosofia e questioni pubbliche of the Advisory Panels of Linguistic and Philosophical Investigations, Review of Contemporary Philosophy and Analysis and Metaphysics. He is a consultant of the Ministério da Ciência, Tecnologia e Ensino Superior (Portugal). He regularly contributes to the cultural pages of Il Sole 24 Ore, and wrote for the cultural sections of The Times, La Repubblica, and Il Manifesto. He is a member of the Committee on Academic Career Opportunities and Placement of the American Philosophical Association, and a former President of the Italian Society of Analytic Philosophy (2010–2012).
He has been invited to give lectures at Harvard, Princeton, Dartmouth, Tufts, Boston College, Indiana at Bloomington, Notre Dame, Saint Mary's College (Indiana), Case Western Reserve (Ohio), Colby College, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Paris "Jean-Nicod", Paris IV-Sorbonne, Heidelberg, Madrid Autonoma, Alta Scuola Pedagogica in Locarno, Bern, Bonn, Belgrad, and in more than 40 Italian universities.
He is one of the conductors and hosts of the television show Zettel, broadcast by RAI (the Italian national public service broadcaster), dedicated to philosophy.
- Sympathetic review of Liberal Naturalism
- Critical review of Liberal Naturalism
- Interpretations and Causes: New Perspectives on Donald Davidson’s Philosophy (Kluwer, 1999),
- Naturalism in Question Harvard University Press, 2004; paperback edition 2008);
- Cartographies of the Mind. Philosophy and Psychology in Intersection (with M. Marraffa and F. Ferretti), Springer, 2006)
- Naturalism and Normativity Columbia University Press, 2010)
- The European Journal of Analytic Philosophy
- Filosofia e questioni pubbliche Archived 2012-03-26 at the Wayback Machine
- Linguistic and Philosophical Investigations Archived 2011-08-11 at the Wayback Machine
- Review of Contemporary Philosophy Archived 2011-10-05 at the Wayback Machine
- Analysis and Metaphysics Archived 2011-10-28 at the Wayback Machine
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-05-28. Retrieved 2011-06-30.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Committee on Academic Career Opportunities and Placement
-  NASA entry for 5329