Mario De Caro
Mario De Caro (born 1963) is an Italian philosopher, Professor of moral philosophy at the University of Rome III in Rome, Italy. Since 2000, he has also been teaching at Tufts University, where he is regularly a Visiting Professor. He is interested in moral philosophy, the free-will controversy, theory of action, history of science, Donald Davidson's and Hilary Putnam's philosophies, and early modern philosophy. With David Macarthur he has defended a metaphilosohical view called liberal naturalism, which is now widely discussed. He is Hilary Putnam's literary executor.
He is the editor of Interpretations and Causes: New Perspectives on Donald Davidson’s Philosophy Naturalism in Question with David Macarthur  Cartographies of the Mind. Philosophy and Psychology in Intersection Naturalism and Normativity (with David Macarthur), and Philosophy in an Age of Science: Physics, Mathematics and Skepticism David Macarthur), and In Dialogue, two volumes of philosophical papers by Hilary Putnam by Harvard University Press, respectively in 2012 and forthcoming.
He is Associate editor of The Journal of the American Philosophical Association and of Ancient Philosophy Today and a member of the editorial boards of The European Journal of Analytic Philosophy,. He regularly contributes to the cultural pages of Il Sole 24 Ore, and wrote for the cultural sections of The Times, La Repubblica, and Il Manifesto]. He is the Vice President of the Consulta Nazionale di Filosofia (which groups all Italian academic philosopher) and a former President of the Italian Society of Analytic Philosophy (2010–2012).
He has been given talks in 17 countries, at academic institutions such as Oxford, Harvard, Princeton, Dartmouth, Tufts, Boston College, Indiana at Bloomington, Notre Dame, Saint Mary's College (Indiana), Case Western Reserve (Ohio), Colby College, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Paris "Jean-Nicod", Paris IV-Sorbonne, Warwick, Heidelberg, Deakin University in Melbourne, Toronto, Madrid Autonoma, Alta Scuola Pedagogica in Locarno, Bern, Hamburg, Bonn, Heidelberg, Belgrad, and in more than 60 Italian universities.
He is one of the conductors and hosts of the television show Zettel, broadcast by RAI (the Italian national public service broadcaster), dedicated to philosophy.
- Mario De Caro; David Macarthur (2010). Sympathetic review of Liberal Naturalism. Columbia University Press. ISBN 978-0-2311-3467-5.
- Stewart Goetz; Charles Taliaferro (29 April 2008). Critical review of Liberal Naturalism. p. 8. ISBN 9780802807687.
- "Mario De Caro". Retrieved 2 April 2019.
- Interpretations and Causes: New Perspectives on Donald Davidson's Philosophy. Kluwer. 1999. ISBN 978-90-481-5283-4.
- Naturalism in Question. Harvard University Press. 2008 . ISBN 978-0-6740-3041-1.
- Marraffa, Massimo; De Caro, Mario; Ferretti, Francesco, eds. (2007). Cartographies of the Mind. Philosophy and Psychology in Intersection. Springer. ISBN 978-1-4020-5443-3.
- Mario De Caro; David Macarthur (2010). Naturalism and Normativity. Columbia University Press. ISBN 978-0-2311-3466-8.
- [https://www.ffri.hr/phil/casopis/editorial.html The European Journal of Analytic Philosophy
- "Mario De Caro" (in Italian). Retrieved 2 April 2019.
- NASA entry for 5329