|Full name||Marjan Kalhor|
July 21, 1988 |
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Weight||60 kg (132 lb)|
Marjan Kalhor (Persian: مرجان كلهر ; born 21 July 1988 in Tehran) is an Iranian alpine skier who became the first Iranian woman to participate in the Winter Olympics, at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Kalhor competed in the slalom and giant slalom competitions. She was her nation's flag bearer in the Opening Ceremony. Kalhor finished 60th among 86 competitors in the Giant Slalom  and 55th among 87 participants in the Slalom.
Kalhor started skiing at the age of four, in the Dizin resort north of Tehran, in the Alborz mountain range. At the age of eleven, she won a national competition, and later competed and won medals in Turkey and Lebanon. She has not yet competed in a World Cup event. Kalhor is studying to become a physical education teacher.
- "Biography". International Ski Federation. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
- Pouladi, Farhad (7 February 2010). "First Iranian woman skier ready for Canada slopes". Agence France-Presse. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
- Women's GS official results. Accessed February 25, 2010.
- Women's Slalom official results. Accessed February 27, 2010.
- Simone, Samira; Azadeh Ansari (10 February 2010). "Olympic dream a reality for Iran's female skier". CNN. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
|This Iranian biographical article relating to sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|