April 21, 1979 |
Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
|Origin||Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, writer, engineer, recording artist|
|Instruments||Guitar, vocals, bass, percussion|
|Associated acts||Haba Dudes|
Mark Boulle is an independent musician and recording artist from the Gold Coast, Australia. As of January 2016 he has released seven albums, five of them with his band, the Haba Dudes. He describes his music as "indie folk".
Boulle was born in South Africa during the apartheid era and emigrated to Australia with his parents in 1988 at the age of eight. In 2001 he travelled to Japan to work as an English language teacher, and there he began to play the guitar, sing and write music. His first few gigs with his band, the Haba Dudes, were at Zullas Restaurant in Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast, Australia, around Christmas 2005. Since then, the line up of the band has completely changed aside from Boulle. Mark Boulle and the Haba Dudes were finalists in the 2010 Musicoz awards.
Aside from demos, Boulle has released the following seven albums:
- (2007) All The Leaves Are Falling Down (under his own name)
- (2007) Shoot To Kill (with the Haba Dudes)
- (2008) Music Will Make You Go Insane (with the Haba Dudes)
- (2010) Take From The Rich (with the Haba Dudes)
- (2011) So She Says (under his own name)
- (2012) Gofer Land (with the Haba Dudes)
- (2015) Humbadum (with the Haba Dudes)
Recording and production
Aside from some of the instruments on some of the songs on Shoot To Kill, all of Boulle's albums have been recorded, mixed and self-produced at his home on the Gold Coast.
- Jody Macgregor, "Haba Dudes" Archived 2012-03-31 at the Wayback Machine., Rave Magazine, 27 July 2010
- "About Mark"[permanent dead link], Official site of Mark Boulle, retrieved 29 August 2011
- "Live: Mark Boulle" (on Mornings with Nicole Dyer), ABC Gold Coast, 11 March 2011
- Seanna Cronin, Acoustic re-launch of The Haba Dudes, goldcoast.com.au, 4 March 2010
Category:Musicians from Gold Coast, Queensland