|Full name||Mark Christopher Dobson|
24 October 1967 |
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Bowling||Slow left-arm orthodox|
|Domestic team information|
Source: CricInfo, 4 July 2010
Dobson made his first-class cricket debut for Kent County Cricket Club against Essex in July 1989. He had made his Second XI debut for the county in 1983 and played regularly for the reserve team from 1986 to 1991. From 1989 to 1991, he played nine first-class matches for Kent, with his final match for the county coming against Oxford University in June 1991. Dobson also played a single List-A cricket match for Kent in July 1989 against Gloucestershire.
After leaving Kent, he played one further first-class match in June 1992 for Glamorgan against Oxford University. In his 10 first-class matches he scored 211 runs at a batting average of 17.58, with two half centuries and a top score of 52. He took nine wickets with best figures of 2/20.
Dobson has a First Class degree in Sports Science and was Head of PE at St Edmund's School in Canterbury between 1995 and 2007. He had coached the Kent Academy and the Emeralds women's cricket team before resigning as a teacher in 2007 to take up the post of head coach of the England women's cricket team. He unexpectedly resigned from the role in February 2008 part way through England's tour of Australia and New Zealand citing personal reasons.
- Mark Dobson, CricInfo. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Ex-Kent all-rounder handed Test role, Kent Online, 2007-06-22. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Mark Dobson, CricketArchive. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- City appoint ex-Kent star as coach, Kent Online, 2008-06-26. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Canterbury appoint versatile coach Dobson, Kentish Football, 2008-07-29. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Dobson named England women coach, BBC Sport, 2007-06-15. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Dobson's new role, BBC Sport, 2007-06-28. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Dobson quits as England women's head coach, Kent Online, 2008-02-09. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Halloran J (2008) England stunned as coach, keeper depart, Brisbane Times, 2008-02-13. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- Thompson J (2008) Time for cricket to cash in on a secret worth sharing, The Guardian, 2008-02-15. Retrieved 2107-05-19.