Marlin Model 25MG
|Marlin Model 25MG|
|Place of origin||USA|
|Manufacturer||Marlin Firearms Company|
|Weight||5.75 pounds (2.61 kg)|
|Length||41 inches (1,000 mm)|
|Barrel length||22 inches (560 mm)|
|Cartridge||.22 WMR CCI Shotshell|
|Cartridge weight||52 grains (3.4 g)|
|Muzzle velocity||1,000 ft/s (300 m/s)|
|Effective firing range||50 feet (17 yd; 15 m)|
|Feed system||Detachable 7-round box magazine |
|Sights||fluorescent orange front bead|
The Marlin Model 25MG is a smooth bore, bolt-action, .22 WMR shotgun manufactured by Marlin firearms Company. It was designed and marketed as a "Garden Gun" for use in dispatching small garden and farm pests. It also has been use for airport and warehouse pest control.
Based on earlier Marlin .22 caliber designs, the Garden Gun was equipped with a high-visibility front sight but no rear sight. It was available with either a black synthetic stock or a straight-combed hardwood stock.
- Eger, Christopher (28 July 2013). "Marlin 25MG Garden Gun". Marlin Firearms Forum. Outdoor Hub LLC. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- Rees, Clair (March 2000). "Marlin's 'Garden Gun' - Model 25MG". Guns Magazine. Archived from the original on 2014. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- Lermayer, Ralph M. (July 2010). "Evolution of the .22". GunHunter Magazine. Buckmasters Ltd. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
… take a .22 rimfire smoothbore (like the Mossberg or Marlin’s Garden gun), and patterns will be surprisingly good out to 15 yards.
- Field & Stream Online Editors (December 1999). "Marlin's .22 Mag Garden Gun". Fieldandstream.com. Field & Stream. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
A gopher-getter? Get serious.
- Shideler, Dan (2010). 2010 Standard Catalog of Firearms: The Collector's Price and Reference Guide. Gun Digest Books. p. 725. ISBN 0-89689-825-3.
|This firearms-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|