|Under Secretary of State for Civilian Security, Democracy, and Human Rights|
|Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Terrorist Financing|
Assumed office |
June 22, 2017
|Preceded by||Daniel Glaser|
Dartmouth College |
|Awards||Department of Defense Medal for Distinguished Public Service|
Marshall Billingslea is an American government official and business analyst who currently serves as the Assistant Secretary for Terrorist Financing in the United States Department of the Treasury. He previously served as managing director of business intelligence services for Deloitte, where he focused on illicit finance. In August 2018, Billingslea was nominated to be the next Under Secretary of State for Civilian Security, Democracy, and Human Rights.
During the administration of George W. Bush, Billingslea served in the United States Department of Defense as Deputy Under Secretary of the Navy, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Special Operations and Low Intensity Conflict, and Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Negotiation Policy. He has also served as NATO Assistant Secretary General for Defense Investment and worked for the United States Senate Committee on Foreign Relations.
Assistant Secretary for Terrorist Financing
During the presidential transition of Donald Trump, Billingslea headed the United States National Security Council team. In April 2017, Billingslea was nominated by President Donald Trump to become Assistant Secretary for Terrorist Financing in the United States Department of the Treasury. He was confirmed by the United States Senate by a vote of 65-35 on June 22, 2017.
- "PN366 - Nomination of Marshall Billingslea for Department of the Treasury, 115th Congress (2017-2018) | Congress.gov | Library of Congress". Congress.gov. Retrieved September 27, 2017.
- "President Donald J. Trump Announces Intent to Nominate Personnel to Key Administration Posts". The White House. April 11, 2017. Retrieved May 16, 2017.
- Green, Miranda (April 11, 2017). "Trump nominates John Sullivan for No. 2 spot at State". CNN. Retrieved May 16, 2017.
- "PN2444 — Marshall Billingslea — Department of State". U.S. Congress. August 27, 2018. Retrieved August 28, 2018.
- Wagner, Erich (April 18, 2017). "Appointee Watch: Trump Names Officials to Ex-Im Bank, State Dept. and More". Government Executive. Retrieved May 16, 2017.
- Palmeri, Tara (April 17, 2017). "Trump learning to love Bush aides". Politico. Retrieved May 16, 2017.
- Cook, Nancy; Leonor, Mel (November 18, 2016). "Sessions becomes Trump's first cabinet pick — Landing teams arrive at four agencies — Trump heads to Bedminster, N.J. for weekend meetings". Politico. Retrieved May 16, 2017.
- Macagnone, Michael (June 22, 2017). "Trump Treasury Assistant Secretary Pick Wins Senate OK". Law360. Retrieved June 23, 2017.