|Genres||Alternative rock, electronica, experimental, pop|
|Occupation(s)||Record producer, audio engineer|
|Associated acts||David Wrench|
Marta Salogni is an Italian record producer, mixer and recording engineer.
Salogni's musical background was cultivated in her native Italy between the small towns of Capriolo and Brescia, where she spent her formative years, collaborating with musical acts of all styles.
She started working as a live sound engineer for the local social centre and independent radio station Radio Onda D'Urto, non-profit left-wing venues and counterculture organizations for a variety of gigs, festivals, and theatre productions. After moving to London in 2010 she took a 9 months course at Alchemea College of Audio Engineering to learn Pro Tools, and shortly after began her career working as a recording engineer across major recording studios both nationally and internationally.
As a producer and mixer, Marta Salogni has worked with Björk, M.I.A., Factory Floor, Kelela, Liars, Alex Cameron, Daniel Blumberg, Little Boots, Temples, Insecure Men, The Orielles, HMLTD, and Django Django.
As an engineer, Salogni worked with producers such as Danton Supple and David Wrench. Alongside David, she has worked on projects with Frank Ocean, The xx, Goldfrapp, FKA Twigs, Blossoms, Glass Animals, Pixx, Shura, Bloc Party, and LA Priest. She has also worked on Tracey Thorn's 2018 'Record' alongside producer Ewan Pearson.
Salogni has worked with the record labels XL Recordings, Young Turks, Mute, DFA Records, Virgin EMI Records, 4AD, Polydor Records, Domino Recording Company, Heavenly Recordings, Sony Music, and One Little Indian.
She is involved in the London music scene, playing both composed and improvised live sets using tape machines, loops, and feedbacks.
Salogni won Breakthrough Engineer of the Year at MPG Awards 2018.
- "'You become an extension of some else's mind': We talk to 2018 MPG Awards Breakthrough Engineer Of The Year Marta Salogni". PSN Europe. 2 March 2018. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- "Marta Salogni". Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- "Music Producers Guild Reveals the Winners of its 2018 Awards". MPG. 2 March 2018. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- Music Producers Guild Reveals the Winners of its 2018 Awards
- Intervista: Marta Salogni (produttrice/mixer/ingegnere del suono per Björk, Frank Ocean, M.I.A, The xx) + 30 canzoni x Rumore
- Marta Salogni Discography
- Discogs | Marta Salogni
- Da Capriolo all’Islanda: «Ho mixato il disco di Björk»
- Da Brescia a Londra per vivere di musica, fra scienza e creatività
- AES student event returns this weekend
- Engineer Marta Salogni on mixing for Bjork and freelancing in a fickle industry
- Marta Salogni Wins MPG Breakthrough Engineer Award