Marte Maaland Eberson
Marte Eberson at Vossajazz 13 April 2014.
|Born||12 December 1987|
|Associated acts||Highasakite |
Morning Has Occurred
Marte Maaland Eberson (born 12 December 1987) is a Norwegian keyboardist and composer, known from bands including Machine Birds, Morning Has Occurred and Highasakite. She is the daughter of the guitarist Jon Eberson.
Eberson was born in Oslo, and obtained her formal musical education from the Music program at Foss videregående skole, "Sund Folkehøgskole", followed by a bachelor's degree from the Jazz program at Griegakademiet (UiB) in Bergen. She is involved in many different bands and various musical contexts, most recently with the band "Eberson Funk Ensemble", a band including her guitarist father Jon Eberson, Pål Thowsen, Sigurd Hole and Kim Erik Pedersen at Victoria, the Norwegian National Jazz Scene in Oslo 2013.
In spite of her young age, Eberson has an impressive record. She won the "Jazz i sikte" with the band "Lugom Trio", second place in "Urørt" final 2011 with the electronica duo "Machine Birds", and one of her new projects, Morning Has Occurred, with Natalie Sandtorv, won the "Jazz i sikte" 2012. In 2012, she was rewarded with the Sildajazzprisen. She is also a member of the critically acclaimed indie band Highasakite, and has been playing with "Sjur Miljeteig Group" since 2014.
- 2015: Mad Boy (Propeller Recordings)
- With Machine Birds
- 2012: Save Yourself (Nabovarsel)
- 2013: Time / One Last Try (Machine Birds Records)
- With Ine Hoem
- 2013: "The Island"
- With Highasakite
- 2012: All That Floats Will Rain (Propeller Recordings)
- 2014: Silent Treatment (Propeller Recordings)
- 2016: "Camp Echo" (Propeller Recordings)
- With Morning Has Occurred
- 2014: Morning Has Occurred (Ocean Sound Recordings)
- 2014: Do The Dance (JEG Records)
- With Cokko
- "Sildajazzpris til Marte M. Eberson" (in Norwegian). Sildajazz. 13 August 2012. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "Eberson Funk Ensemble Biography" (in Norwegian). NasjonalJazzScene.no. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "Statoils Sildajazzpris 2012 tildelt Marte Maaland Eberson" (in Norwegian). Sildajazz. 11 August 2012. Archived from the original on 19 August 2013. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "COKKO – The Dance Upon My Grave". Discogs.com. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marte Eberson.|