|Chair of the Health and Safety Executive|
|Preceded by||Dame Judith Hackitt DBE|
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Martin Temple CBE is the chairman of the Design Council and a non-executive director of the Sheffield Hospital Trust. Temple was a non-executive director and chairman of The 600 Group until October 2011. He was the Director-General of EEF from 1999 to February 2008, when he became Chairman. In 2016, he became Chair of the Health and Safety Executive.
Prior to this, he was Director of Sales and Marketing for British Steel Stainless and a director in the refractories industry. He has extensive experience covering senior roles in production, marketing, operations and strategy in an international context.
Martin Temple has also worked closely with many United Kingdom Government departments, and in European business forums.
In addition he has served on the boards of various employer & trade bodies, and currently sits on the boards of a range of organisations. He is also the Chairman of the Council of European Employers of the Metal, Engineering and Technology-based industries (CEEMET).
Temple became Chairman of BERR’s Business Simplification Support Programme TMB in April 2008.
- "Martin Temple CBE". Design Council. Retrieved May 31, 2014.
- "Sheffield Hospital Trust appoints new Non-Executive Directors". Sheffield Teaching Hospitals. 26 June 2013. Retrieved May 31, 2014.
- "Who’s Who". Sheffield Teaching Hospitals. Retrieved May 31, 2014.
- "HOT 50: MARTIN TEMPLE", Design Week. Retrieved 16 November 2013
- "Martin Temple appointed as the new Chair of HSE - Press releases - GOV.UK". www.gov.uk. Retrieved 2016-05-27.
|This United Kingdom business–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|