A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mary McInnis Boies (born Mary McInnis; formerly also known as Mary Schuman; born June 30, 1950) is a founding partner of the American law firm Boies & McInnis LLP. The law firm, established in 1988, specializes in antitrust and corporate commercial litigation.
Boies was Vice President and member of the Law Department at CBS Inc., General Counsel of the U.S. Civil Aeronautics Board, Assistant Director of the White House Domestic Policy Staff (responsible for airline, trucking and railroad deregulation) and Counsel to the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce.
Boies has served as a member of the Board of Directors of MBNA Corporation and Bank, a public Fortune 200 Company before its merger with Bank of America. She was appointed by the U.S. Secretary of Defense to the Air University Board and in that capacity advises the Air Force Chief of Staff and the Secretary of the Air Force on the School for Advanced Air and Space Studies; Air Command and Staff College; the College of Aerospace Doctrine; the Air Force Institute of Technology located at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, and other Air Force educational institutions.
Boies is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. She served on the Standing Committee on the Federal Judiciary, established by President Dwight D. Eisenhower to conduct professional peer review of nominees to the federal judiciary, including to the U.S. Supreme Court. She is chair of the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors of Business Executives for National Security, and is a member of the Dean's Council, Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government.
Boies & McInnis LLP's representations have included Continental, Northwest and Eastern Air Lines in general litigation and in antitrust cases relating to computer reservations systems; CBS Broadcasting Inc. on intellectual property issues in the Uruguay Round of trade negotiations; retail pharmacies against 25 major brand name prescription drug manufacturers for price fixing and price discrimination; and other complex federal cases involving Prudential Securities, Archer Daniels Midland, Metropolitan, and major vitamin manufacturers.
She is founder and CEO of Mary Boies Software Inc., publisher of educational software. Her title "Slam Dunk Typing" ranked among PC Data's Top 10 educational software titles.
Boies was born Mary McInnis in Newton, New Jersey, the daughter of Sara (Bollinger) and Norman Kenneth McInnis.
Boies is a triathlete, finishing first in her age category at the Napa Sprint Triathlon in 2012, and 5th in her age category in the New York City 2012 Olympic triathlon. Boies participated in the 2013 New York City Triathlon and finished 10th in her age group.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mary Boies.|
- Who's who in Entertainment. Marquis Who's Who. 1989-01-01.
- Linkedin. "Business Profile". Bio. Linkedin.
- Shea, Tom (March 12, 1984). "Big firms team up on Videotex project". Info World Magazine.
- Business Week. McGraw-Hill. 1977. pp. Issues 2508 at pp. 170, 174.
- Havel, Brian J. (2009). "Beyond Open Skies: A New Regime for International Aviation". Kluwer Law International. Aviation Law and Policy Series: 252.
- Petzinger, Thomas (1995, 1996). Hard Landing, The Epic Contest for Power and Profits That Plunged the Airlines into Chaos. Random House. pp. 97, 102, 105, 263, 498, 558. ISBN 978-0-8129-2835-8. Check date values in:
- Bank of, America. "Board of Directors". Member. Bank of America Corporation. Archived from the original on 2012-07-11.
- Council on Foreign Relations. "Board of Directors". Council on Foreign Relations.
- CQ, Transcript (July 16, 2009). "ABA Witnesses Testify at Sotomayor Confirmation Hearings". Transcript of Confirmation Hearings. Washington Post.
- "Business Executives for National Security". BENS. Archived from the original on 2010-10-08.
- Gerwertz, Ken. "A fond goodbye to dean, scholar, angler Nye". Harvard News Office. Harvard Gazette.
- Stewart, Martha. "A Fabulous New ER at Northern Westchester Hospital". The David and Mary Boies Emergency Department. The Martha Blog.
- Zeliger, Robert. "5 Questions for David and Mary Boies". Article. Westchester Journal News.
- "2012 Napa Valley Sprint Triathlon". EventDirector.com.
- "New York City Triathlon". RaceResults 360. Retrieved July 8, 2012.
- "New York City Triathlon". Retrieved July 14, 2013.