Marysville Exempted Village Schools District
||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Marysville Exempted Village School District|
|School board||Sue Devine - President, Ed Pleasant -Vice President, Amy Powers, Dick Smith, Brian Luke|
|Teaching staff||300+(ATS: $54,307)|
ratings: 2008/2009-2001/2002- excellent 2007/2008- effective 2006/2007- effective 2005/2006- excellent 2004/2005- excellent 2003/2004- excellent 2002/2003- continuous improvement effective 
|Student to teacher ratio||17.7(2008-2009)|
|Athletics conference||Ohio Capital Conference|
|Website||Marysville Exempted Village School District|
Marysville Exempted Village Schools District, which according to its web site hosts “over 5000 students consisting of five elementary schools (K-4), one intermediate school (5-6), one middle school (7-8), one Early College High School (9-12), and one high school (9-12) and employs “over 300 teachers and 200 support staff.” Marysville High School (Ohio) is a fairly new building, having been constructed in the 1990s, with recent additions made. The Early College High School was opened in August 2014, in this "ECHS" or "STEM" school students have the option to choose a pathway for the career field that best interests them, such as Engineering, Integrated Technologies, and Health Science. The school district’s mascot is the “Monarch,” usually portrayed by a lion. Both the Middle and High Schools have wrestling, football, basketball, baseball, softball, lacrosse, track, volleyball, and golf teams, and the High School sports an award winning marching band. Other student activities include Art and Writing clubs, Student Councils, Swim Team, FFA, “In the Know,” Choir (and Show Choir), among many others. The wrestling team has a storied history, winning six league championships, and producing three state champions.
- Ohio Department of Education, Marysville Exempted, Average teacher salary, Retrieved August 29, 2009.
- Ohio Department of Education, Marysville enrollment 2008-2009, Retrieved August 29, 2009.
- Ohio Department of Education, Spending per Pupil, 2007-2008, Retrieved August 29, 2009.
- ODE Ratings, 2008-2009, Retrieved August 29, 2009.
- Ohio Department of Education, Marysville Exempted, Students per teacher, Retrieved August 29, 2009.
- Ohio Auditor of State, Marysville Exempted Village, Retrieved August 29, 2009.
- Ohio Department of Education, Marysville Exempted, Graduation Rate, Retrieved August 29, 2009.
- "Marysville Schools "About Us" Page".
- Marysville Exempted Village, Wrestling, Retrieved August 29, 2009.