This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||22 May 1960|
Conti was born in Florence. He began his career as a flautist making his debut at the Salzburg Festival at the age of twenty with I Solisti Veneti. After study with the Italian conductor Piero Bellugi, Conti gave up his career as a flautist to concentrate on conducting. He was the principal conductor of the Turin Philharmonic Orchestra from 2001 to 2005. He went on to become the Principal conductor of the Teatro Marrucino in Chieti and the National Chamber Orchestra of Andorra. From 2011 to 2017 he was the Prncipal conductor of the Oviedo Filarmonia in Spain. He received the Gold Medal of the Auditorio Príncipe Felipe de Oviedo. He has also served several times on Jury of the Arts in the Princess of Asturias Awards.
Conti's appearances as a guest conductor include the Teatro Regio di Torino, Teatro dell'Opera di Roma, Teatro Massimo in Palermo, Teatro Comunale di Bologna, Teatro Massimo Bellini in Catania as well as the Teatro Donizetti in Bergamo, Teatro Dante Alighieri in Ravenna, Teatro del Giglio in Lucca, Teatro Verdi in Pisa, Teatro Goldoni in Livorno, and the Municipal Theatre in Bolzano. Outside of Italy he has conducted the RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra of Ireland,the Athens State Orchestra,the Oporto Symphony Orchestra,the Gran Canaria Orchestra,the Orquesta de Extremadura,the Saarbrücken Staatoper and the Dortmunder Philharmoniker in the Konzerthaus Dortmund, where he conducted Stravinsky's Le Sacre du Printemps.
In April 2017 when Conti announced his resignation as Principal Conductor of the Oviedo Filarmonia, he also announced his intention to retire from his conducting career to pursue studies in figurative art and art history while continuing as a teacher of conducting at the Lucca Conservatory and the Jacobs School of Music.
- Rossini: Il turco in Italia
- Rendine:Passio et Resurrectio
- Rendine: Symphonies 1 & 2
- Donizetti: La fille du régiment
- Cimarosa: Il matrimonio segreto
- Nino Rota "Suite dal balletto "La strada", Sinfonia sopra una canzone d'amore, Ballabili dal Gattopardo
- Nino Rota Sinfonie
- Nino Rota Concerti
CPO recodings include:
- Respighi "La pentola magica", "La sensitiva","Aretusa"
- Respighi "La boutique fantasque" – Uccelli
- G.F. Malipiero integrale
Brilliant recordings include:
- Casella "Concerti"
RS recordings include:
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-04-26. Retrieved 2010-10-17.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-05-12. Retrieved 2010-10-17.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-20. Retrieved 2010-10-17.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Comunicati - Sala Stampa - Teatro Massimo Palermo". Sipario.it. Retrieved 1 May 2017.
- "El maestro Marzio Conti, nuevo director titular de la orquesta «Oviedo Filarmonía» - La Nueva España - Diario Independiente de Asturias". Lne.es. Retrieved 1 May 2017.
- s.n. (27 April 2017). "Marzio Conti deja la titularidad de la Oviedo Filarmonía... y la dirección orquestal". Codalario. Retrieved 25 February 2019 (in Spanish).
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-11-17. Retrieved 2010-11-08.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Comunicati - Sala Stampa - Teatro Massimo Palermo". Teatromassimo.it. Retrieved 1 May 2017.
- Konzerthaus Dortmund. Philharmonisches Konzert 8, 7 April 2008
- Lumbreras, Daniel (21 May 2017). "Me gustaría retirarme en Oviedo". El Comercio. Retrieved 25 February 2019 (in Spanish).
- "Marzio Conti- Bio, Albums, Pictures – Naxos Classical Music". Naxos.com. Retrieved 2017-05-01.
- "ROSSINI: Turco in Italia (Il) (The Turk in Italy) - 8.660183-84". Naxos.com. 2012-02-17. Retrieved 2017-05-01.
- "RENDINE: Passio et Resurrectio - 8.557733". Naxos.com. Retrieved 1 May 2017.
- "RENDINE, S.: Symphonies Nos. 1 and 2, "Andorrana" (Conti) - 8.572039". Naxos.com. Retrieved 1 May 2017.
- "DONIZETTI: Figlia del reggimento (La) (The Daughter of the Regiment) - 8.660161-62". Naxos.com. Retrieved 1 May 2017.
- "Chandos Records Classical Music CDs and MP3 Downloads OnLine". Chandos.net. Retrieved 1 May 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-07-22. Retrieved 2010-10-26.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)