Matter of Fact with Soledad O'Brien
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Matter of Fact with Soledad O'Brien|
|Genre||Public affairs/Talk show|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||4|
|Production location(s)||Newseum, Washington, D.C.|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Hearst Television|
|Distributor||Sony Pictures Television|
|Original release||November 8, 2015 –|
Matter of Fact with Soledad O'Brien is a weekly American public-affairs television talk program hosted by journalist Soledad O'Brien. The show is produced by Hearst Television and is distributed to TV stations in national broadcast television syndication by Sony Pictures Television. It airs on TV stations around the country in weekend program slots, primarily in the Sunday morning talk program block. It also airs on a one-week-delayed basis on fyi.
"Matter of Fact" was originally launched in November 2015 and was hosted by entrepreneur and political commentator Fernando Espuelas. Beginning with the 2016-2017 TV season, O'Brien succeeded Espuelas in the hosting role.
A September 2017 "Matter of Fact" special, hosted by O'Brien, aired in prime-time on stations including WCVB-TV in Boston, WESH-TV in Orlando, and WTAE-TV in Pittsburgh, addressing the nationwide opioid-abuse crisis.
In April 2018 it was announced that the program had been renewed for the 2018-2019 TV season, and that new agreements with multiple station groups had expanded the show's audience reach to 90% of U.S. TV households.
- "Hearst TV Launching Weekly Talk Show 'Matter of Fact With Fernando Espuelas'". Broadcasting & Cable.
- Heil, Emily (15 August 2016). "Hearst TV re-launches Sunday political show hosted by Soledad O'Brien". Washington Post.
- Johnson, Ted (12 September 2017). "Soledad O'Brien, Hearst Team on Special About Opioid Crisis". Variety.
- "Perspectives and solutions in upcoming TV special on the opioid crisis - The Boston Globe".
- "Opioid crisis: Soledad O'Brien hosts WESH special - The Orlando Sentinel".
- "Opioid crisis focus of live TV special on WTAE Wednesday - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette".
- "Exclusive: Hearst's 'Matter of Fact' Renewed for Season Four". Broadcasting & Cable.